Associate
Evening gents, I bought this MB as part of my new build:
MB: rev 1.2
CPU: AMD ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070
Mem: 32gb 3200Mhz
HDD: 500gb NVRaM seagate
PSU: 850w

I had to flash the BIOS to F31 when building it as the BIOS on board didn’t support the CPU out of the box. Can say after building more than impressed with the performance.

reading the forum here I seen there was a new BIOS version so updated it this evening but now getting 4 short quick beeps and then normal beep and boots. Any idea what it is?

on my last MB I had the 4 beeps as the GPU was PCIe4 and the MB didn’t support it but it still booted. Has anyone else experienced any problems with flashing the BIOS to the new version? Will be looking at the MB in more depth tomorrow with error codes to work out what the issue is. May clear CMOS and re-flash to see if that sorts.

Associate
Saved the original BIOS before flashing so will put that one on before going down a rabbit hole.

reference the back up BIOS I know it’s a simple flick of a switch but will it be the same version as the MB was shipped with? If so then it does not support the CPU and will have to update it as well

Soldato
Saved the original BIOS before flashing so will put that one on before going down a rabbit hole.

reference the back up BIOS I know it’s a simple flick of a switch but will it be the same version as the MB was shipped with? If so then it does not support the CPU and will have to update it as well
As far as i know it will be so youd need to update that aswell

Associate
New Gigabyte Arous Master owner from this Sunday. Replaced a ROG Crosshair Hero VIII that totally gave up on Thursday and to be honest has been hinky as fk since last July.

I am more than impressed. Ram XMP recognised and works stable right of the box and CPU even boosts better (3900X on ROG saw 4450, on Master I saw 4650 with no BIOS tweaks other than update to F32 and XMP set!). This is a fantastic board in my opinion, and thus far temps are great with everything stable).

The Bunny is impressed, and hubby, (a long time Gigabyte fanboy), is gloating like a mofo lol

Associate
really interested to know who in here has 4x8GB ram, and what Infinity Clock & RAM Speed (Mhz & Timings) you're running...
Hi , I am running 4x8 gb sticks and using at Profile, been a lot better with later bios , now running 33a and very happy

2 off F4-3600C16D-16GTRG
Trident Z Royal
DDR4-3600MHz CL16-16-16-36 1.35V
16GB (2x8GB)

Last edited:
Associate
really interested to know who in here has 4x8GB ram, and what Infinity Clock & RAM Speed (Mhz & Timings) you're running...
Running 4x8Gb. Crucial Balistix 3600Mhz although OC to 3800 in paired mode with IF (1900mhz) without issues. (5800x cpu)

Associate
Hi everyone, what are the main advantages of the Master over the Pro? I will be building a new 5800X system this week. I have already ordered and received the Pro, however I've not opened it. I'm thinking of returning it and re-ordering the master perhaps.

EDIT: I've done a little more research. I can see that the Master is the high end board and two tiers above the Pro, it's probably too advanced for my needs.

Last edited:
Associate
33a beta bios disappeared from Gigabyte website so i recon new release anytime soon

F33C now on main site

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone tried this, have they added back in +500mhz auto oc?
Yes have my 5800x set to Auto OC +50 in the boost over ride. The CPU seems to be more intelligently boosting the faster cores to 4.9Ghz and leaving the others around 4.85Ghz. Ram most of the morning gaming with no hiccups.

Soldato
Bah, wonder if its the end of +500 auto oc then, maybe pushes it beyond spec too much AMD not keen on it.
It’s changed something else as well, I used to be able to get all of my cores to boost to 5ghz with a little curve optimiser tweaking, now I’m lucky if I can get half of them to boost to 5ghz, and none go over 5050MHz

Back
Top Bottom