Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Soldato
If anyone is interested there is a beta 33F on the tweaktown thread using 1.2.0.1

Personally I'm waiting for the beta using 1.2.0.2 now given that's the one that's supposed to solve my USB issues.

Associate
Bit of a long shot but has anyone here had any experience with their x570 Master not correctly going into Sleep from Windows? Mine hangs on the CPU LED with code 21 with all the fans on max.

I've updated bios and chipset, both didn't fix it.

I tried updating the Realtek 2.5GBe Lan but that fails to update because it "can't find the controller" and something about deep sleep, I checked the bios and the Realtek Lan doesn't even show up next to the Intel Lan. Could this be a link to the sleep problem?

any insight from anyone would be greatly appreciated, I'm truly stumped on this one.

Associate
Latest BIOS for me is superb. Zero USB ports conking out and great stability. Getting my best scores yet on Cinebench with PBO, Above 4G Decoding and Re-Size BAR Support all set to enabled in the BIOS, Ryzen Master set to PBO and selecting the Balanced power setting in Windows. Idle temp is 35 degrees with only one or two cores awake at 350MHz, max temp I've seen is about 76 in a stress test.

Soldato
cheers

Interesting it fixed your USB issues when the fix is supposed to be in 1.2.0.2 and that’s compiled on 1.2.0.1

Probably be a few weeks until we see a 1.2.0.2 beta though so might give it a try then if it’s working well for you.

Associate
cheers

Interesting it fixed your USB issues when the fix is supposed to be in 1.2.0.2 and that’s compiled on 1.2.0.1

Probably be a few weeks until we see a 1.2.0.2 beta though so might give it a try then if it’s working well for you.
As long as you have a backup bios handy if it bricks. I had an absolute nightmare flashing the previous one due to connected USB devices and also my sound card. My PC would power on but not fully POST

Good luck if you are going to flash!

Associate
Forgive my ignoirance and cry for help. I am unclear how I get the Beta BIOS from the TweakTown site. I ahave downloaded the 16MB file (which I think is correct) but not able open without the need for a further program. What am I doing wrong?

Soldato
You may wish to wait rather than use beta bios if you aren't happy with what you are doing. You need to be certain you have the right file for your board too.

That said, it works just like any other normal bios update - take the XX.33f file and put it on a USB memory stick, boot into bios, choose Qflash and then the file and click update. I usually avoid the option of flashing the backup bios at the same time when using Betas.

There is a way of doing it via windows too using a gigabyte firmware utility but it isn't recommended to flash bios from windows generally as too much can go wrong.

Associate
You may wish to wait rather than use beta bios if you aren't happy with what you are doing. You need to be certain you have the right file for your board too.

That said, it works just like any other normal bios update - take the XX.33f file and put it on a USB memory stick, boot into bios, choose Qflash and then the file and click update. I usually avoid the option of flashing the backup bios at the same time when using Betas.

There is a way of doing it via windows too using a gigabyte firmware utility but it isn't recommended to flash bios from windows generally as too much can go wrong.
I had managed to use the site for a previous Beta BIOS just couldn’t remember how I did it. You have reminded me to drop it on USB and install it that way rather than open the file as such. Thank you.

Soldato
Can’t say I’ve ever noticed it in actual use, only a slight high pitch whine during boot as it tests the fan.

For info 33f running well on my board. Combined with the new 461.92 Nvidia drivers my rig is running better than ever at the moment!

Associate
I've only just seen this whole thread, I didn't know the Master had one.

Anyway now running F33f, no issues so far (Rev 1.1)

Edit L3 Cache speed has certainly improved, for example read = 424 GB/s to 704 GB/s

Last edited:
Associate
F33h is out now haha!
  1. Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.1 PatchA
  2. Fix L3 cache performance on Ryzen 5000 series processors
  3. Fix USB 2.0 devices stability and compatibility

Associate
F33h is out now haha!
  1. Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.1 PatchA
  2. Fix L3 cache performance on Ryzen 5000 series processors
  3. Fix USB 2.0 devices stability and compatibility
Updated to F33h after going to g last night. For those using AMD Ryzen Master, this will also need updating so that performance data is displayed. Mine initially flatlined in read out terms until I updated it.

Back
Top Bottom