Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Associate
A good step forward and relevant for those who max out with PCIe4 SSDs. I've set my fans to silent and they hardly ever come on

Soldato
Has anyone else noticed that they've removed Dual Bios from the 'S' version of the X570 Master (if the specs page is correct?
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570S-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/sp#sp

Under the BIOS section in the specs list it says 1x256 Mbit flash vs 2x128 Mbit flash on the old Master. This is a big retrograde step and has been done sneakily so people don't notice; I certainly assumed that all higher end Gigabyte boards would have Dual BIOS, particularly if they are based on a model that already does have it.

Soldato
Looking through the manual for the X570S Master I found something incredible, there is a new setting in the IO Ports section of the BIOS that is enabled by default that automatically downloads and installs Gigabyte's bloatware App Center when the operating system is booted. Have they lost their minds? Maybe that's why they need the bigger 256Mbit BIOS chip.

Soldato
Has anyone else noticed that they've removed Dual Bios from the 'S' version of the X570 Master (if the specs page is correct?
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570S-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/sp#sp

Under the BIOS section in the specs list it says 1x256 Mbit flash vs 2x128 Mbit flash on the old Master. This is a big retrograde step and has been done sneakily so people don't notice; I certainly assumed that all higher end Gigabyte boards would have Dual BIOS, particularly if they are based on a model that already does have it.

I don't really think dual bios is needed anymore now that you are able to flash most upper end boards without even so much as a CPU installed to recover from a bad flash, I've never used the dual bios function on my master.

But as for building the bloatware app into the bios, if that option can't be disabled and they add it into future boards, then it's bye bye gigabyte for me, that app centre is nearly as bad as MSI dragon centre.

Soldato
I don't really think dual bios is needed anymore now that you are able to flash most upper end boards without even so much as a CPU installed to recover from a bad flash, I've never used the dual bios function on my master.

But as for building the bloatware app into the bios, if that option can't be disabled and they add it into future boards, then it's bye bye gigabyte for me, that app centre is nearly as bad as MSI dragon centre.
You can disable it, thankfully (although 99.9% of people don't study the manual in great detail and wouldn't know that it exists). I suppose Gigabyte think they are being helpful :cry:.

Good point about Dual BIOS although I do like to test new BIOS versions on my backup BIOS before flashing the main BIOS.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to ask, my x570 master is making some strange rattling noise, even when my case fans at max speed, still can hear the rattling noise, did it happen to any of you?
Where on the board do you think the rattling is coming from? Have you screwed the board into the case securely using all nine screws (do not overtighten)? If you change the PCH fan profile from balanced to silent in the BIOS does it stop? What is the temperature of the PCH/chipset and what RPM is the fan running at?

If you open the case does that make any difference? What about putting your hands on the side panels to stop them vibrating?

Last edited:
Associate
A bit late for me - I am just completing my build with a v1.2 Master. I guess more for completeness than necessity I removed the fansink and am using an EK WB for the chipset. Having just flashed the BIOS I rather like knowing that my mobo has a backup so now I'm happy that I didn't wait for the X570S.

Associate
hey folks, relatively new owner, been running for a few months now, and having major issues with the PCH fan lately, gotten obnoxiusly loud even though temps aren't that high even on the silent preset. the bios control of the fan seems very basic with nothing but presets that give you no real control over the fan curve, anyone got any tips on how to fix this?

Associate
hey folks, relatively new owner, been running for a few months now, and having major issues with the PCH fan lately, gotten obnoxiusly loud even though temps aren't that high even on the silent preset. the bios control of the fan seems very basic with nothing but presets that give you no real control over the fan curve, anyone got any tips on how to fix this?

I'd RMA that @angel102, rather than trying to fix it. If it's only a few months the retailer might be prepared to exchange it, did you buy the MB from Overclockers?

Soldato
Hi folks.

Got myself a shiny new 3080 FE. Im still on the F11 bios (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios)
Any reason to jump all the way to the latest bios?

Card seems to be working fine.

I see some stuff about resizable bar, but not sure if I get anything with that when running a 3900 processor. I need to read up. Any advice appreciated.

Yes resize bar will work for you. I was using it with my 3700x.

Just know you will also have to flash your 3080 FE as well.

But that is pretty easy. You download a little tool from Nvidia that does it for you.

Soldato
Yes resize bar will work for you. I was using it with my 3700x.

Just know you will also have to flash your 3080 FE as well.

But that is pretty easy. You download a little tool from Nvidia that does it for you.
Thanks mate. It's a 3900 non X. Not sure if that matters.

I'll read up on it. Is it earth shattering? Worried about having a non working system.

Soldato
Thanks mate. It's a 3900 non X. Not sure if that matters.

I'll read up on it. Is it earth shattering? Worried about having a non working system.

Worse case scenario is you turn it off in the bios.

I think there are some bios prerequisites which I can remember of the top of my head.

Best to create a thread on that topic and people will chime in which with you need to do.

The procedure will be something like this:

Download rebar bios tool from Nvidia and flash GPU.

Reboot in to bios and flash latest bios

Enter bios and enable rebar (usually something along the lines of enable above 4g decoding)

Save and exit bios and boot in to windows

Install latest Nvidia drivers (or at least the something with rebar support)

check in the nvidia control panel under system report (I think) that rebar is enabled.

Soldato
Worse case scenario is you turn it off in the bios.

I think there are some bios prerequisites which I can remember of the top of my head.

Best to create a thread on that topic and people will chime in which with you need to do.
Sorry. I feel like you've suggested I do something but I don't know why.

Create a topic for what? Updating the mobo bios or the video bios?

Soldato
Ah ok cool.

So first things first I'll do the mobo. Presume the latest doesn't have any gremlins? Did a quick search and no one seems to be moaning.

Just a note don't use bios with a letter after them like F35c

I have a gigabyte bios also and the latest has a c which means its a beta.

Stable bioses are the ones which are just a number like F35.

Soldato
Just a note don't use bios with a letter after them like F35c

I have a gigabyte bios also and the latest has a c which means its a beta.

Stable bioses are the ones which are just a number like F35.
Haha too late. Done it. Presume I can flash an older one.

Feel really stupid. Didn't save my over lock settings for the ram. No idea what they were lol.

Back
Top Bottom