Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Soldato
OP
Hi owners, is this board a good buy used? Reading online it seems there were (are?) many issues but the threads I read were a couple of years old. Wondering if the latest BIOS fixes the issues. Im looking at a rev 1.2 board and the 3x m2 slot is very appealing to me as im looking to replace my sata drives.
I've had a version 1.0 board from release and not had any issues. Update to the latest BIOS, chipset drivers and Windows and all seems to be good.

Associate
Anyone else gets VRM whine coming from the upper left of the board just above the CPU socket?
I google it and it seems quite common.

Associate
Presumably this is under heavy load? Or all the time?
All the time and I made sure it’s that area, I took some kitchen roll tube put it against my ear and the VRMs above the cpu and it definitely coming from there.
Some fixes i have seen suggested on Reddit, disable C-States or set cpu percentage to 99% in windows. The second option stops the whine completely even under heavy load.

Associate
Can someone confirm if I have understood the PCI lane allocation correctly for this scenario?

I have the X570 Ultra, with a 3090 in the main PCIe16 slot. I have NVMe SSDs in M2 slots A and B. I have 2 SATA ports in use (not sockets 5 or 6)
I'm wanting to add an additional NVMe to the system, given the Black Friday prices, the WD SN850X is an option - this could go into the M2 C slot, however would run at x2 rather than the normal X4 speeds. As this is a Gen4 socket, does this mean that speeds would be limited to around 5000MB/s? Or less?

Is another option to use the 3rd PCIex16 slot (which runs at x4) with an NVMe adapter to fit the SSD and allow it to run at it's max speed?

Edit: Just to update, ended up going for the 3rd NVMe slot, the 805x caps at 3300MB/s for reads and writes. Might try getting a PCIe adapter at a later point, but for now this will be fast enough for me anyway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom