Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

Soldato
It was a bent pin... pic below. There were a couple next to it that were slightly out of position as well, but got them all back in to place with a pin. Good job I still have my eyesight, those things are TINY! All DIMMS working as they should now anyway. :)

IMG_2517.jpg

Associate
Dud Chip for Overclocking?

Hi All.
I have this board with an i7 6700K chip, RAM is Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz. Cooling is a Noctua DH-15s air cooler.

I've tried overclocking this to 4.6GHz but I've had no joy. I managed to get 4.5GHz to be stable but I'm worried about the temps.

Running Intel Burn Test the temp hits 75C max, VCore hits 1.368V. When I run Asus Real Bench it hits 82C, VCore hits 1.344V. Gaming (BF1) temps hit 69C.

CPU Clock Ratio is 45, FCLK = 1GHz, XMP is enabled, Memory Enhancement is "Relax OC". CPU LLC is set to Standard. CPU Vcore = Normal (1.3V), Dynamic Vcore = +0.010V

Are these temps too high? Is there anything I could try to improve this or should I abandon 4.5GHz and settle for 4.4GHz?

Any help much appreciated :D

Associate
Hi,

your temperature are not so bad with this vcore but may be you can go better. The only way to reduce temperature it is to reduce vcore, if your cooler and case fans works good. You can manage this trying different negative Dynamic vCore. My actual configuration at 4.4Ghz with F20 BIOS is -0,120volts and my CPU temp stay at 25C in idle and under 65C with Real Bench (20C ambient temperature). I made at least 30 different attempts and long test sessions to find the right vcore value. Take in account that I'm using a liquid cooler (Liqmax II 240 with two fans at max 1250rpm to avoid too much noise) and that this results can change from a CPU to another.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Gaming 7 owners!

How do I change Loadline Calibration? I'm running cpu vcore set to normal with a DIVD setting of -0.155.

Also, has anyone else using normal vcore setting noticed the the board automatically increases the base vcore as the cpu multiplier is increased?

Last edited:
Associate
whiterabbit;30478104 said:
Hi Gaming 7 owners!

How do I change Loadline Calibration? I'm running cpu vcore set to normal with a DIVD setting of -0.155.

Also, has anyone else using normal vcore setting noticed the the board automatically increases the base vcore as the cpu multiplier is increased?

You can change LLC here:
170105205107.png

Available settings are: Auto, Standard and High.
Yes, the Normal vCore change in base of the selected multiplier.

Soldato
Anybody else think that the GUI for F20 is seriously Mickey Mouse compared to the previous BIOS versions?

One of my OS Sandisk SSDs died a few days ago...took my RAID 0 stripe too :( so decided to update all the utilities/BIOS on a new Win10 install...when F20 loaded up I thought I had flashed the wrong BIOS!!

Soldato
Following a fresh install of Win10 I cannot figure out what is causing this:

AfUTNtH.png

I have installed all the drivers from the Gigabyte site and have no other USB peripherals attached. Any ideas please?

Associate
Type_R;30484888 said:
Following a fresh install of Win10 I cannot figure out what is causing this:

AfUTNtH.png

I have installed all the drivers from the Gigabyte site and have no other USB peripherals attached. Any ideas please?

I remember seeing that, it disappeared by itself.

Soldato
maklabouhlel;30484925 said:
I remember seeing that, it disappeared by itself.

I guess I shall just ignore it :) I have checked all the onboard peripherals and nothing else is on that I can see.

EDIT - solved it. I had installed the USB driver's for my Benq 3201 which has a USB hub but for some reason it was the culprite. Unconnected, switched to a different USB port then reconnected to the original and error has gone :)

Soldato
Has anyone managed to get Intel RST Premium working through the F20 BIOS? Every time I turn it on, Win 10 fails to boot - inaccessible boot device!

Associate
I am doing a new build using this motherboard.
Does anyone know if I can Flash the BIOS using a USB stick but without a processor present, as I think I will need to get F20 onto it before it will accept an i5 7500?
Also, I understand that F20 is a bit buggy, so would I be better off getting the i5 6600 and sticking with an earlier BIOS version?
Thanks in advance.

Associate
To flash the BIOS you need a supported processor installed. I don't know what appens if you intall a i7500 on a "old" bios. I never made experiment on this. Anyway I think you need a supported CPU. F20 bios it is not perfect but not so bad as someone tells. Maybe that results depends on different configurations. Anyway F21 beta will be published soon.

Soldato
To flash the BIOS you need a supported processor installed. I don't know what appens if you intall a i7500 on a "old" bios. I never made experiment on this. Anyway I think you need a supported CPU. F20 bios it is not perfect but not so bad as someone tells. Maybe that results depends on different configurations. Anyway F21 beta will be published soon.

Looking forward to F21!! Hopefully it fixes some of the many issues with F20!

Soldato
I know that at Gygabyte are working on it. Some bugs are already solved in early beta releases.

That's good to know. I've just emailed them asking for a version of the F20 bios that actually has RAID that works! Every time I enable ez-raid in F20 it says enable raid and restarts...having enabled nothing.

So I reflashed to F8 today and raid works perfectly.

Soldato
Does anyone have an email for gigabyte motherboard support please? No response to my query.

If anyone has F9(*) bios for the board can you trust email me it please.

Back
Top Bottom