Global BSOD

Associate
Well I picked a good half day to have off :)

Half the stuff at work was just coming back online.. then leave yay.

I noticed the Tesla app was working but some sites had an issue. I'll check tomorrow morning and give charging a go.

Man of Honour
Love the technologically advanced way of dealing with this at Edinburgh Airport

lcimg-b428f502-0827-462d-8554-f470bebdffe3.jpeg

Soldato
When I saw something similar to this, but internally, the finger pointing was rife. It was everyone for themselves!

coroporate collective responsbility went out the window in the 90's. It's dog eat dog and someone will use this as leverage to get further up the corporate ladder no doubt. The coder who built the release is probably sweating blood or more likely holding his P45. The IT QA/compliance group should also take some flak this as they clearly didn't properly dry run the IQ/OQ before rolling it out to production
Guess I’m working a decent company :cool: Seen multiple errors made which have affected global brands and there wasn’t any finger pointing. Sure if the same thing happens for a second time questions should be asked along with some finger pointing.

Soldato
just exposes companies who don't have hygienic software deployment schemes
... so if the genuine russian pirates had done some kind of dns intrusion to deploy a bogus release, having hacked appropriate certificates

Soldato
It's been a few years since I did much work with Windows servers, but I don't understand why this has affected so many companies - I'd normally expect updates to be tested in staging / pre-production environments before going to a live system :confused:

Did all these companies have Cloudstrike automatic updates on in production systems? That seems pretty crazy to me!

Associate
It's been a few years since I did much work with Windows servers, but I don't understand why this has affected so many companies - I'd normally expect updates to be tested in staging / pre-production environments before going to a live system :confused:

Did all these companies have Cloudstrike automatic updates on in production systems? That seems pretty crazy to me!
Yup - it's like AV signature updates afaik. All automated, no staging.

Back
Top Bottom