Golf Thread

Soldato
Shot a PB of 73 gross (70 par) on saturday currently still playing off 11 but hoping to keep this performance up ready for the january stableford

Soldato
Yea, he did well to keep it together down the back nine and poor Beau, out of the entire field he ended up against the one man you don't want to play in a matchplay situation. He looked beat before even teeing off back down the 18th.

As an aside, I was up in Donegal playing at Ballyliffin (I get up every so many months), they are hosting the Irish open this year, will be fun watching the European tour players navigate their way around there, rough is down at the moment but due to be grown out a bit by the time their week comes around. Always scenic. Too, Sky will hopefully show it well with their cameras.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I did, I thought he'd bottled it when Hossler took the lead on the 15th.

yeah i thought Poulter was going to crumble after that and end up falling down the leader board, look forward to see how he gets on at Augusta this week
any idea when they make the pairings for the Masters? cant find any info online

Associate
any idea when they make the pairings for the Masters? cant find any info online

I think that is usually released CoB Monday. Super excited for the Masters this year, really open field, and Augusta's greens really separate the bombers from the chaps that have great touch (or do both).

Man of Honour
Masters par 3 comp live on Sky Golf at 7pm tonight

Edit: i ended up missing it but just checked the scores...
a certain 68 year old Tom Watson won it :o

Last edited:
Soldato
I got a free weeks sky sports now pass through McDonalds monopoly gig so been watching it there.
The Masters website live didn't seem to be available at all. Skysports website was showing Amen Corner free for a good few hours which is pretty good as you get to see quite a few different players come through.

Soldato
Poor old Sergio. Does raise the question, is it a poorly design hole if you can land that near the hole and end up in the drink? I know he should have learned from the first shot, and of course every player is playing the same course and you have to adapt to the course. But there's something just not quite right about the way some of his shots ended up rolling back in.

Man of Honour
the Sky Golf channel coverage is dire, too many interviews and getting people to putt on that faux green in the studio, JUST SHOW ME THE GOLF FFS!

Back
Top Bottom