Golf Thread

Soldato
You did pretty well then considering! I've been to the range a few times recently for the first time in 15 years. I am atrocious. :(

Cheers. I generally stuck to irons but did try my driver on a longer hole. Topped it so badly it didn't even go past the red tee :rolleyes: :D Tried a 3 or 5 wood for my second shot, cracked one about 120 yards dead straight.

Consistently inconsistent!

Soldato
Had my second and third round of the season (both in the same day) still failed to crack 100 but got down to 103 I've got better by exactly 6 shots every time I've played so fingers crossed for the next round I'll be under 100 and can start improving again.

I'm getting more consistent I just have the odd meltdown holes which kill me. I play short (but generally straight) and on a par 5 was putting for an actual birdie then had a meltdown and 4 putted when I had been 2 putting (with the odd 1 putt) all day :p

I really need a better driver mind, it's literally a rubbish old hand me down :D

Soldato
Had my second and third round of the season (both in the same day) still failed to crack 100 but got down to 103 I've got better by exactly 6 shots every time I've played so fingers crossed for the next round I'll be under 100 and can start improving again.

Well on my fourth round I didn't improve by 6 shots this time, I was horrific. :p

Hit 3 good pars but almost every other hole was atrocious, I could barely hit off the tee box. I was flip flopping between the absurd and sublime by the minute. As a perfect example last hole I took 3 off the tee after putting 2 in the water. Then I was down on the par 4 in 4 shots after I actually got off the tee with a sublime 9 iron over a bunker to within about 6 inches from the pin from 100 yards.

I wanted to scream with frustration by the end :D

Man of Honour
any of you guys been watching much usPGA/euroPGA golf on telly?
ive just been getting back into watching it after having many many years of not bothering...
wtf has happened to the euroPGA? it used to be on par (excuse the pun) with the usPGA, but its got crap, no top name players..
seems anyone who's any good has flown the nest over to America, when it comes to the next Ryder cup i cant see many euroPGA players being involved,
the euroPGA just doesnt seem worth watching at all!

thoughts?

Soldato
I'm jealous of the people in this thread getting the MP18 sc's. Those or the regular MP18s are my current choice if I were to replace my existing Mizuno irons.
I was fitted to a set of MP-18SC and I bought a 6-iron to the recommended spec. However when I tried it against mt MP-68 I found no benefit. I then got my 68's reshafted and regripped to the recommended spec instead. So for me, the new head was no better than the old one.

Caporegime
I've been saying for years that they need to make the courses harder, rough needs to actually be rough so that going off the fairway is punished etc.

There is an element of luck involved in every sport, that's where the saying "the best players make their own luck" comes from but obviously the greens can't be like crazy golf. It's just rather refreshing that 'professional' players are having to play in tough conditions for a change.

Back
Top Bottom