1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Andr3w, Jun 2, 2009.

1. always4lora

Wise Guy

2nd birdie today mixed bag with some good golf and some bad.
    Managed to get out of the rough beautifully today however when I started walking back to my bag the pw fell in two =(

Most of the ones in th shop are around 100 but they are selling the titleist 718 ap1 demo set for 370 which is 5-gw
    Tempting

2. Ryan-3

Soldato

Officially just bought my first senior clubs today, the MacGregor DCT2000 set. Plenty good enough for me to relearn and get my eye in again. Been years since I last did anything except play around on the range as I did earlier on today. Thankfully wasn't too rusty either. Have numerous mates who already play and have been bugged a few times before, and today, I finally gave in. :)

Now just need some new polos, pants, shoes, glove, tees, balls, a hat, pitch repairer, marker, waterproof cover, umbrella.... :p

3. always4lora

Wise Guy

At least all the other bits can be had quite cheap if brands are not to important.
    I scored 105 on Monday which was good for me. little annoyed as i got a 9 and an 8 on the last 9. should have got my first score under 100. Come down nicely since the 130/140s i was getting when i first started to play in August.

Going to test the Titleist AP1s out today :)
    Got some second hand golf balls of facebook so just waiting for them to turn up, doubt there will be much difference in the Srixon Distance balls and my cheapo slazenger balls i currently use.

4. Swinbag

Wise Guy

Looking to start lessons again in the next couple of weeks, I'd like to try and get my game into a better place before the nicer weather arrives and the days start getting longer!

I'm aiming to break 100 at a few of the local courses I play this year.

5. always4lora

Wise Guy

Play through the winter.. courses are quieter and the conditions whilst not great are not to bad.
    I play at Ulverston which is about 15-20 minutes away from me.
    Played Carus Green a week or so back and should be playing windermere soon.

Just checked my spreadsheet of score cards for ulverston and i've played 14 rounds since the 27th of August.

6. Ryan-3

Soldato

Already had a couple sessions at the driving range with mates. Always been okay hitting wedges and irons, but starting to get a feel with the hybrids, woods and the driver. When I hit it sweet with the 3 wood, I get past the final hole at the 240 yard mark, so it looks like I just need to practice my swings to find consistency. Maybe some lessons are in order. :)