Golf Thread

Associate
The driver (10.5°, regular flex) getting to around 220 with most finding the imaginary fairway. Told you I was rubbish :p
Oi, you watch your mouth! :cry: 220 is miles (for me too!) :D

In fact, getting a lesson to look at my speed and distance today, very excited, but got a feeling i'll be coming out there with a gym plan, but we'll see lol. (trackman doesn't lie)

I did hit a 255 yard drive on my skytrak on the weekend though, so there's hope for me yet.

Soldato
So my 1 year old 2021 DLX-Lite Edition Powerkaddy Cart bag has been dying for the past 4 months. Small rips appearing near the zips etc.
When I was getting my wedge fitting with scottsdale I showed the guys my bag and explained I'd raised a ticket for a return but the new bags I wanted were not in stock.
They've told me it'll be a return with credit attached once the bags are in stock. Which they now are.

I'm torn between 2 bags. Both look excellent and will hopefully stand the test of all weather golf. Just unsure which one to go for. People Thoughts.

Powerkaddy Premium Edition Cart Bag

or

Powerkaddy Premium Edition Tech Cart Bag

I have the premium edition tech (camo one). It's done a full year now and been dragged around muddy and soggy courses in Norfolk and bone dry dusty courses this summer and it's still in top nick. It cleans up really easily and all the zips and pockets are as good as the day a i bought it. Best 239 quid I ever spent TBH

Associate
Finally broke the back of 100 shooting 99 yesterday for a nett 66. Wasn’t in comp but we put our cards in anyway each week so took a bit of a cut. Hoping to keep going. Driver was much improved over the usual as that is where I lose most shots. Lost 5 yesterday from the tee which hurts as I know my scores should be much better if I can just keep it towards the middle. Got greedy on par 5 6th as my group pushed me to go for it from 230 with 5 wood. It’s in range but should have played safe. Birdied it last week with driver 7 iron to just short of green but this time it was right and ob.

See how next week goes.

Soldato
Finally broke the back of 100 shooting 99 yesterday for a nett 66. Wasn’t in comp but we put our cards in anyway each week so took a bit of a cut. Hoping to keep going. Driver was much improved over the usual as that is where I lose most shots. Lost 5 yesterday from the tee which hurts as I know my scores should be much better if I can just keep it towards the middle. Got greedy on par 5 6th as my group pushed me to go for it from 230 with 5 wood. It’s in range but should have played safe. Birdied it last week with driver 7 iron to just short of green but this time it was right and ob.

See how next week goes.

Here a thing to try...

Don't use driver off the tee - use a 3 wood/hybrid if you have them - I suspect you'll loose a couple less balls and that's 4 shots saved right there.

Don't get dragged into playing the shot others want you to play - play your own game - Hit irons for safety if you want. No pictures on a scorecard.

Years ago - I played a round with a mate late one evening - Only irons - left the woods in the car. 5 iron and up only. Sounds silly but never lost a ball, reached most par 4's with a couple of 5 irons and a chip etc. Good to try some time as it removes the wild driver / lost ball situation

Soldato
Looks like the perfect opportunity for some of the low/mid ranked players to get in on and win some PGA tours before they backtrack and allow the LIV players back in :D At this rate I might offer myself as a PGA tour player to make up the numbers :p

Looks like Cameron Smith just joined Liv

Soldato
Looks like the perfect opportunity for some of the low/mid ranked players to get in on and win some PGA tours before they backtrack and allow the LIV players back in :D At this rate I might offer myself as a PGA tour player to make up the numbers :p

Looks like Cameron Smith just joined Liv

Certainly very very strong rumours - And guess who's scheduled for a 5.15pm local time press conference at the first event of the play offs today - Cam Smith... Should be very interesting.

Soldato
The Liv v PGA kicked off in court tonight...as well.

The Liv lawyer knows how to kill his own argument - my god he's awful.

Couple of highlights so far....

"In testimony, lawyer for LIV players said that in some contracts a player's prize money is recouped against his advance. A noteworthy admission that LIV previously denied."

"LIV lawyer calls Matt Jones, Talor Gooch and Hudson Swafford "these three poor kids." They've made a combined $36 million in their careers on the PGA Tour."

"LIV lawyer: "The FedEx Cup is the Super Bowl of golf" (!!!)"

Soldato
"In testimony, lawyer for LIV players said that in some contracts a player's prize money is recouped against his advance. A noteworthy admission that LIV previously denied."

Interesting! So for some LIV golfers, their stated joining money is actually the most they can make as any earnings are not paid out on top?! So there is literally zero incentive to play well.

Soldato
Interesting! So for some LIV golfers, their stated joining money is actually the most they can make as any earnings are not paid out on top?! So there is literally zero incentive to play well.

Exactly - Hence why Mickleson looks like he doesn't care about anything golf related when playing...

Permabanned
Doing the 72 holes in a day for Prostate Cancer next month. Haven't played properly in around 10 years and it really shows. Lost all form and my slice is back with a vengeance. Been really enjoying it though, especially with the nice weather. I'd forgotten just how much it balances you out mentally, regardless of how well you play.

Definitely need to get some lessons though. Can't hit Driver worth a damn and my short game is very patchy. Might even consider getting fitted for some half decent clubs. How much is it for a fitting and a set of irons these days? Or am I just better going down the second hand route?

Soldato
Has anyone had any luck finding golf clothes for infants. My little lad is 3 and want a top "like Daddies" but the stores I have looked at online seem to start at like 6 years and up.

Soldato
Doing the 72 holes in a day for Prostate Cancer next month. Haven't played properly in around 10 years and it really shows. Lost all form and my slice is back with a vengeance. Been really enjoying it though, especially with the nice weather. I'd forgotten just how much it balances you out mentally, regardless of how well you play.

Definitely need to get some lessons though. Can't hit Driver worth a damn and my short game is very patchy. Might even consider getting fitted for some half decent clubs. How much is it for a fitting and a set of irons these days? Or am I just better going down the second hand route?

welcome back to the game. I look forward to the posts of frustration after a round :cry:

After being away for so long I'd go down the second hand route for now although I'm a big advocate for getting fitted properly. But whilst you work on your swing fixes second hand would be perfect for now. Then once you're back into the thick of it get fitted and treat yourself.

Fitting costs vary. I found myself a Titleist fitting event, run by Titleist themselves, which was free but I know many places charge.
Depending which clubs you like the look of I'd find a similar event or a very reputable fitter who may charge.

Soldato
Has anyone had any luck finding golf clothes for infants. My little lad is 3 and want a top "like Daddies" but the stores I have looked at online seem to start at like 6 years and up.
is this what you're after?

Back
Top Bottom