Google-Motorola "X Phone" in the 2013 pipeline?

Caporegime
Only things I would like in a new phone are (razr hd maxx atm)

Better camera, but then I never have had a good cam, this on is far better than SGN
2gb ram as opposed to 1
5in 1080p

Have already
Big battery
Lovely tough but nice design
Nice and weighty
Rgb led
Sd card or at least 64gb internal

I won't go smaller
I won't buy something that doesn't feel nice to hold
I need a big battery

One of the nice things about this phone is that people don't know Wtf it is! Haven't seen another

Still a bit Dissapointed in motorola on this one
When did this best phone ever.. Or something along those lines.. Turn into this average jo phone?

Last edited:
Caporegime
One of the nice things about this phone is that people don't know Wtf it is! Haven't seen another

that's a bad thing imo.

when i was playing poker, people asked me what phone i had after i made a dig at apple (every single one of them had an iphone) they laughed and immediately disregarded my "LG" phone, even though it's a nexus 4.

was at a wedding last weekend and another group were taking the mick saying that although samsung may make good phones they are far too big and their iphone is the perfect size. thing is he was calling it a samsung galaxy when it was obvious he was talking about a note.

more people should know what the better phones out there are.

joe bloggs who doesnt have a clue about phones thinks apple > all, in fact they think every other phone is far far inferior, because theirs is the most expensive one.

therefore they are going to immediate assume your phone is terrible because they have never seen it before or even heard of it.

more marketing needs to be done specifically on tv, samsung are the only ones who seem to be doing that atm.

Soldato
Not that bad given that it's an import which isn't even available in the European market - plenty of them over this side of the pond :p

I'm actually pretty happy with my Razr M right now, coming from a Razr Maxx the battery could be a little longer but I've adjusted and the small speed bump and FAR better screen is welcome.

Definitely intrigued by the Moto X though, I'm definitely warming to the 4.3-4.5" form factor and the missus just cracked her screen so there's a nice upgrade path of M to her and X to me if I like the look of it. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
not a fan of the super shiney plastic bezel (though that could just be the lighting in the video). reminds me too much of the S2.
size wise it barely looks any bigger than the iphone 5 which is a bit surprising

Soldato
not a fan of the super shiney plastic bezel (though that could just be the lighting in the video). reminds me too much of the S2.
size wise it barely looks any bigger than the iphone 5 which is a bit surprising

that video is 4 months old so probably a rough test model - the thing has creases in the screen :p

The iPhone 5 has more bezel than the 90's

Associate
I'm all for a phone with a decent sized battery, but that thing looks like a beast thickness-wise. Overall the design does nothing for me, and rear facing speakers...ugh.

Soldato
Going by that video, US only?

major fail.
Surely it's obvious from a Rogers video that it is only available on Rogers if you want to buy the phone in a contract? It isn't saying that it is only available in the US.

There's nothing there that makes me go "wow", but it looks set to be a great all-rounder. Depending on the next Nexus device, and how quickly Three's 4G service is deployed in my area, I may get one to replace my N4 (which I'm perfectly happy with).

Associate
Surely it's obvious from a Rogers video that it is only available on Rogers if you want to buy the phone in a contract? It isn't saying that it is only available in the US.

There's nothing there that makes me go "wow", but it looks set to be a great all-rounder. Depending on the next Nexus device, and how quickly Three's 4G service is deployed in my area, I may get one to replace my N4 (which I'm perfectly happy with).

I'd have said so and Rogers is Canadian anyway (I think). But Mattey may be part right? Just look at what we got lumbered with when Razr HD, HD Maxx and Razr M were released? The Razr i. I know Razr HD is now available but we may get same treatment again and be left waiting. All that said the Razr i wasn't bad but if I'd have had the choice I'd have gone for the M or even an HD Maxx. Compared to my previous phones the Razr i and now Razr HD have great signal reception.

But yes there is nothing wow about it possibly unless it's cheap :D Certainly nothing to make me dump Razr HD. Razr HD has great signal reception and ready for Three's 4G service when it arrives anyway.

Wonder what build quality will be like with these plastic backs? HD is a nice solid phone with a weighty feel about it. It (The X) looks OK. Thin bezel with screen nearly to the edge and if 4.7" could be a little more compact than the Razr HD though doesn't look as slim as my HD. First proper look can't be far off?

Soldato
No logo on the front? Looks like a NEXUS! :cool: (Hope they don't stick it back on for us :D)

Rogers is a Canadian GSM network, this could be the one we're getting. Otherwise it'll be just like the i9505 vs SGH-i337 (supports everything bar 800/1800Mhz LTE)

The UK is usually a more important market than Canada so we should be getting it in August too. :p
Does that confirm the screen in sAMOLED too? On screen notifications isn't the best with LCDs. (no notification light? someone won't be happy :D)

I bet you wouldn't say no to this LG is it was under £300. you probably would :D

Yes, I would turn it down :D

Caporegime
supposed specs again:

http://www.androidcentral.com/moto-x-features-outed-leaked-rogers-video

One screenshot, seemingly from Moto's new voice control hub, suggests that certain features — like direct dialing contacts — will be available even when the screen is off, simply by saying "OK Moto Magic," followed by the command.

Sounds like motorola have taken Samsung's approach i.e. working more on neat features that would impress a lot of people.

In addition, screenshots from the AT&T version of the phone have been unearthed by posters on the Android Central forums. The images show spec listings in CPU-Z, seemingly confirming a 1.7GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Pro powering the device, with 2GB of RAM, around 12GB of available internal storage and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The display resolution is consistent with Android running on a 1280x720 panel with on-screen buttons, and the laundry list of hardware features falls in line with earlier spec leaks for the Moto X.

Suits me fine! Dual core S4 pro with the adreno 320 is plenty. Although I think they may have got that wrong, I think it should be the same chipset as the nexus 4 so quad

now please let the camera be good and excellent battery life!

It might be a bit "meh" but wait until you see the price ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
A couple of interesting rumours going about though which I have heard.

Apparently the phone has a special extreme high quality audio chip, it needs this for it's always on listening mode, the chip is constantly in an extremely low powered state and can wake the phone up when it hears key words. More about this chip can be found here.

The other rumour is that they are ditching the LED because of the new on screen notifications. Apparently the phone can selectively turn on individual pixels without the need to turn the entire screen on.

So you end up with low powered notifications like this:

zGdTyys.png

Caporegime
Yup, the new notification system is ace, much better than a LED imo, iirc hasn't there been an app on android for like the last few years which can do this, something called noLED and a few others??

thats what i've said the price will be the big player and with those specs tbh i would expect it to be less than 200.

I know ;)

I was just hinting that it won't be "meh" when you see the price :p ;) People thought the n4 was a steal/bargain, this will supposedly be even better.........

Back
Top Bottom