Google Pixel 5

Soldato
Nope, manged to find a discount code and got it done for £140. Official google 3rd party repair partner.

Done now, first screen I have ever smashed. I did crack the back glass on my nexus 4 back in the day, but just stuck a case on it :D
That's almost a years cover with nationwide flexplus insurance. Covers car breakdown and holiday insurance.

Soldato
That's almost a years cover with nationwide flexplus insurance. Covers car breakdown and holiday insurance.

Yeah, sadly no need for travel or breakdown as work cover all that with perks,

It's one of those things, hopefully I will go another 20 years without it happening :D

Soldato
The adaptive charging on my pixel 5 seems to have stopped working. Anyone having similar issues? The usual way of toggling it off and on again doesn't seem to work anymore.

Edit: I think they have changed it actually. Before it used to state adaptive charging but now it just shows fast charging up to 80% then the rest kicks in nearer alarm.
Looking at the battery over the past 24hrs it seems to show that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've found a bit of an issue when connecting to some enterprise networks with Android 12. On a network with PEAP/MSCHAPV2, In the CA certificates drop down, There used to be an option for 'Do not validate' but now there is only use system certificates or install certificates.

Anyone else get bugged at how bright the lowest setting goes on mobiles? I have the p5 but this applies to every mobile I've had. At 2am, the dimmest setting isn't dim enough. Why can't we go lower? I know there are apps that can do some sort of image overlay to make it darker, however these mess up some apps.

Bugs me that the ability is there to go dimmer, but android has decided the lowest we are allowed to go.

Soldato
Anyone else get bugged at how bright the lowest setting goes on mobiles? I have the p5 but this applies to every mobile I've had. At 2am, the dimmest setting isn't dim enough. Why can't we go lower? I know there are apps that can do some sort of image overlay to make it darker, however these mess up some apps.

Bugs me that the ability is there to go dimmer, but android has decided the lowest we are allowed to go.
Pixel 6 goes dim, it even has a quick toggle for extra dim

Soldato
For people who have upgraded to Android 13 recently now suddenly got black bars on YouTube and Netflix? It used to give me full screen.

Any solution to this? It's very frustrating.

For people who have upgraded to Android 13 recently now suddenly got black bars on YouTube and Netflix? It used to give me full screen.

one thumb on the left side of the video, one thumb on the right. pinch outwards = fullscreen.

i think you did this before and never realised, as this has been the way since i can remember, well before p5

Soldato
Got my 5 just before the 6 was announced and still loving it. The size has been great when I need to send a quick message and pushing a pram at the same time!

Don't text and drive though people, sometimes you crash into trees.

Soldato

I agree with the post below yours, however, since going from 12-13, I find the video has shifted slightly to the right, not making the video centralised. Odd.

Associate
Hello, does anyone have experience of the Google postage warranty service?

After 2 years my battery life is reduced, especially screen on time. The phone is still in warranty, however still works "fine" will they replace the battery or just say "no fault found"?

Back
Top Bottom