Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
oh my.....although I hummed and hawed for a while as well before choosing the 7 Pro, and I don't even pay for it (work contract) lol But I still wanted it to be the right phone for me. So far I've been loving it.
Got my P6 when Vodafone had a stupidly great deal on them - don't recall the price now, but if you look at all my whinging posts it'll be in one of them; but it was a couple of hundred quid cheaper than anywhere else at the time - so bit their hand off.

At the time I had run an S9+ for 3 years or so, and honestly was more than happy with it - but having recently become a father, the lure of a better camera is what made me jump on the P6, and I much prefer the stock android.

Soldato
Ooooh great new 'feature' on my P6 - some calls go straight to VM, even without it showing that a call is ringing! Just missed a call from the Doctor because of this - notice a bunch of times and thought it was me; but I have no DND aetti gs on, nor that face down thing enabled.

Bloody phone!

Do you have the "Unknown" setting activated within call blocking?

Associate
Got my P6 when Vodafone had a stupidly great deal on them - don't recall the price now, but if you look at all my whinging posts it'll be in one of them; but it was a couple of hundred quid cheaper than anywhere else at the time - so bit their hand off.

At the time I had run an S9+ for 3 years or so, and honestly was more than happy with it - but having recently become a father, the lure of a better camera is what made me jump on the P6, and I much prefer the stock android.

Aye I get what you mean, I find myself leaving my camera gear on a shelf a lot now as it's just too much hassle to take around places and what with the phone camera being so good it really helps.

One thing about the Pixel 7 Pro I don't like is the top speaker, it feels like when in a call every around me can hear as well?

Associate
Pixel 6 user here. Does anyone else notice that when taking a picture with flash on that you get an outline shadow around people, regardless of how bright the room is.

Soldato
Okay, this is annoying me now, what on earth it this time on my lockscreen -

MGjHwNX.png

It's not an alarm, it's not a calendar event, it's not a timer, it's not a stopwatch, it's not a reminder. I've been into 'At a glance' and turned off showing timers and calendar events too, and it still shows?! I've checked personal and work calendars, and nothing showing for 13:30. I think it showed 9:00 earlier, which is my shift so I assumed it was that, but I have nothing for 13:30...
This flaming alarm symbol is back. I can't remember what I did las time to get rid of it :cry:

Soldato
Anyone find charging connection not great on this phone (standard pixel 6) quite often I need to move it around to get it connected - to be fair i havent tried cleaning out the pins with a needle/compressed air yet...

Man of Honour
Anyone find charging connection not great on this phone (standard pixel 6) quite often I need to move it around to get it connected - to be fair i havent tried cleaning out the pins with a needle/compressed air yet...
No problem here on my pro that I've had since release

Soldato
Does anyone with an ounce of photography knowledge have an idea how I can take a good photo of my pc case. I am trying to take a picture of the lights, it's a very obvious green and red currently, on the phone this translates to ice blue and barely red. I have been googling but keep getting stuff for night sky photography etc. I am sure a phone I had from like 5 years ago could get a more accurate photo than what I am getting now.

Associate
If you tap the screen when on camera mode does it switch to manual mode and allow you to control the white balance? That may work worth a shot.

Soldato
I'm quite impressed with Google's turn around for repairs. My 6 had a problem with the screen. I sent it off on Monday and they emailed me yesterday to say they're replacing it as it's too expensive to repair and the replacement is getting delivered today.

Back
Top Bottom