Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
£299 for the Pixel 6 seems like a great deal, but then I read the last few pages of this thread and I'm not so sure.
Surely the poor signal reception is a deal breaker for a phone! But it seems like many thousand will have shipped this Black Friday...

Associate
£299 for the Pixel 6 seems like a great deal, but then I read the last few pages of this thread and I'm not so sure.
Surely the poor signal reception is a deal breaker for a phone! But it seems like many thousand will have shipped this Black Friday...
I've never had any problems with my Pixel 6 at all. It's a great phone. I'm with plusnet (EE) which has no 5g which is probably why I've had no problems.

Last edited:
Soldato

I had 3 Pixel 6 Pro handsets, each with issues and all with signal problems. I wouldn't buy one for £99 let alone £299.

Soldato
Just throwing my experience in with my 6 Pro, on EE, at least around London/Greater London I've not had any signal issues. Went abroad on holiday to Hong Kong last month using the local network 3 HK and did notice some issues there compared to my family who were also using the same network and uses a mix of iPhones/Qualcomm/Huawei modems, although still decent enough for holiday use. It seems very network/location dependant if you'll have issues or not.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tricky, well, I did pick one up for £299. But it's still in the box, haven't touched it yet!
I'm trying to decide whether to return or not!

I live out in the sticks, on EE, no 5G. And coverage isn't great here. Pretty marginal 4G in the house (but I do have WiFi Calling).
I would be pretty annoyed if its 4G reception really is relatively poor around here.

Soldato
Tricky, well, I did pick one up for £299. But it's still in the box, haven't touched it yet!
I'm trying to decide whether to return or not!

I live out in the sticks, on EE, no 5G. And coverage isn't great here. Pretty marginal 4G in the house (but I do have WiFi Calling).
I would be pretty annoyed if its 4G reception really is relatively poor around here.
Give it a go and see. I've had no problems with 4G on EE with it, it's been perfect. But again that's around London, could be different for your area.

Soldato
Noticed the scrubber line for media in the notification shade has been changed from a dot to a line.

Also I don't seem to have the updated Security and Privacy hub?

I have noticed my Google Play system is stuck on October. It tried to update to November, then after the reboot it failed, attempted the update again and it's gone.

EDIT: Checked on Reddit, the new security and privacy hub is a server side change, so it's still slowly being rolled out by Google.

EDIT: (Fixed by updating to Nova beta) Noticed pulling up the app drawer in Nova causes the wallpaper to scroll sideways and doesn't move back to the correct position when dropped back down. Seems to only happen if you pull it up from the homescreen that's not on the far left.

Last edited:
Associate
All the update posts state that the pixel 6 is getting cough and snore detection but i cannot find it anywhere. On the pixel 7 it states you access it through settings then wellbeing then bedtime mode but on the 6 these steps do not have an option for this. Anyone managed to find this on their phone?.

Man of Honour
All the update posts state that the pixel 6 is getting cough and snore detection but i cannot find it anywhere. On the pixel 7 it states you access it through settings then wellbeing then bedtime mode but on the 6 these steps do not have an option for this. Anyone managed to find this on their phone?.
Can't see it under bedtime mode on my 7, possibly one of those things that will slowly roll out rather than come as part of the update itself or only available in certain regions.

Associate
Looking for wee bit of help. I have ordered a Galaxy watch 5 Pro via this deal, https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sa...at-samsung-epp-student-store-4046578#comments
Gone for the Bluetooth version so should get it ultimately for £164 rather than £429, so too good a deal to miss, or is it.
I know that the ECG and Blood pressure apps don't work properly on non Samsung phones, there are posts showing work arounds for this.
Have to be honest and say that i so wanted the pixel watch to be what i wanted but, it just doesn't do it for me. I like bigger chunkier watches and it just looks to small for me and the domed effect screen just looks too fragile to me.
Anyone with a Pixel 6 or Pixel 7 got a galaxy watch 5, what's your thoughts on how it works with your phone.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Google Play System update finally worked but it was the November patch. However it did give me the new Security and Privacy hub as well as the cough and snore detection. ... I did not realise I snored that much.

Soldato

I don't know when it actually became available but the snore detection was visible under bedtime mode on my 6 yesterday.

Soldato
Yeah, mine appeared yesterday as well...it's under "bedtime mode" and you will have it under the activity chart as an option.

Screenshot-20221214-134153.png

Back
Top Bottom