Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
been very tempted but is the mobile reception as bad as people make out ?

I'm often in areas of low signal and my current P20 Pro does really well. I've read the 7 is better reception wise ?

Associate
I had a 6 pro before my 7 pro and the reception was shocking. Eventually I turned off 5g but still had difficulties with my phone losing signal and therefore the battery drain was horrendous because it was always searching for a network.

Unless you have great coverage I would steer away from a 6 IMO.

Associate
I have had my 6 now for a year and am yet to have any signal issues like a lot of people seem to have had

In the office at work, the reception isn't great but it seems to be a bit of a dead spot for multiple providers as some others in the office don't even get calls, whereas I get calls but sometimes it can be a bit hit or miss on the quality depending on the weather

I certainly don't have any regrets picking this phone, the battery life is more than adequate and I often have around 50% battery left at the end of the day, which will include watching Netflix at lunchtime and streaming music to a bluetooth earbud whilst at work most days

Camera is definitely a step up from my previous phone, and some of the features such as removing people from shot seems to work pretty well for the few times I have used it - got some great shots when we visited the Caribbean earlier this year when I tried out different modes at times

Soldato
I have had my 6 now for a year and am yet to have any signal issues like a lot of people seem to have had

In the office at work, the reception isn't great but it seems to be a bit of a dead spot for multiple providers as some others in the office don't even get calls, whereas I get calls but sometimes it can be a bit hit or miss on the quality depending on the weather

I certainly don't have any regrets picking this phone, the battery life is more than adequate and I often have around 50% battery left at the end of the day, which will include watching Netflix at lunchtime and streaming music to a bluetooth earbud whilst at work most days

Camera is definitely a step up from my previous phone, and some of the features such as removing people from shot seems to work pretty well for the few times I have used it - got some great shots when we visited the Caribbean earlier this year when I tried out different modes at times

thanks - I'm definitely going to upgrade just whether Pixel 6 or wait a few months into next year and pick up a discounted 7.

doesn't help emails like this morning from Discovery Plus saying they'll no longer support my Huawei from end of Jan - either any updates or re-install. Don't know what thats all about

Soldato
thanks - I'm definitely going to upgrade just whether Pixel 6 or wait a few months into next year and pick up a discounted 7.

doesn't help emails like this morning from Discovery Plus saying they'll no longer support my Huawei from end of Jan - either any updates or re-install. Don't know what thats all about
I've had a 6 pro for 6 months now and it's been a great phone. I will say that usually I'm in a good signal area and on the odd occasion I've been in a poor signal area the pixel has been fairly useless. It definitely has a weaker than average radio in it.

Soldato
Got an annoying issue with the latest update. My phone will only connect to one Bluetooth device at a time, in my truck the radio and handsfree are separate so I have to choose between hands free calling or music. Has anyone had similar?

Soldato
Wireless charging suddenly stopped working for me this morning. It was fine over night, woke up, used it a bit, then placed back on charger, and noticed it didn't vibrate/show charging on the battery icon. Tried a different wireless charger, tried booting into safe mode, tried clearing the Pixel Stand app, turning off adaptive charging, but still nothing. Also noticed Battery Share doesn't turn on either, tapping the toggle does nothing. Wireless chargers still work with other devices so seems to be on the phone side.

Soldato
Used call screening for the first time yesterday, it worked really well. It was a call I wanted to take, but from an unknown number which was actually a call centre, but when I saw their response, I knew what it would be about, so took the call.

Soldato
Wireless charging suddenly stopped working for me this morning. It was fine over night, woke up, used it a bit, then placed back on charger, and noticed it didn't vibrate/show charging on the battery icon. Tried a different wireless charger, tried booting into safe mode, tried clearing the Pixel Stand app, turning off adaptive charging, but still nothing. Also noticed Battery Share doesn't turn on either, tapping the toggle does nothing. Wireless chargers still work with other devices so seems to be on the phone side.
So searching up more on this seems I'm not the only one. Since the A13 update other Pixels not just the 6, also randomly have wireless charging suddenly not working. It doesn't affect everyone and Google is asking for feedback so I've sent my logs, hopefully it's just a software bug and not a hardware issue with certain batches. I haven't tried factory resetting the phone yet to see if that fixes it but that's because I'm lazy setting everything up again...

Soldato
my P6 is connected to my car, and it constantly loses the ability to share the contacts - that tab is getting unchecked every other time i connect...and have to switch it back on...not sure if thats the phone or the car....
anyone had similar ?

Associate
Getting fed up with the weak signal. I partly blamed o2 but yesterday I was the only o2 user that had no signal. Might be time for a change.

Back
Top Bottom