Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
I ordered the P7 directly from Google on Thursday and my estimated delivery was next Tuesday or Wednesday. Had a text message this morning to say it will be with me mid-day today. I was hoping to order a case and potentially a screen protector before its arrival.

Are there any cases similar to Speck Prisado Grip ones as they have always been my favourite? Also, I can't stand screen protectors (really try to look after my phone's) but can anyone recommend a really good one and whether it should be tempered glass or TPU? Finally, if I don't like the phone after a couple days of use, how easy is it to return to Google? Can you only return it if unopened or am I covered by the 14 day distance selling act regardless of if it's been used?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Had my pixel 6 since day one and not once have I ever thought or noticed it being slow

On another note though and why I am in this thread... Picked up a pixel watch LTE today , can anyone explain the lte bit ? Do I need a separate contract for it ? Can't it attach onto my.phone data ? Anyone experience of it with o2? Cheers
Won’t work with O2.

Soldato
Typical. Luckily bought because dirt cheap rather than for the LTE . Also seeing that Vodafone/ee are charging extra when it should just share the esim with the phone. Ripoff uk

Soldato
I ordered the P7 directly from Google on Thursday and my estimated delivery was next Tuesday or Wednesday. Had a text message this morning to say it will be with me mid-day today. I was hoping to order a case and potentially a screen protector before its arrival.

Are there any cases similar to Speck Prisado Grip ones as they have always been my favourite? Also, I can't stand screen protectors (really try to look after my phone's) but can anyone recommend a really good one and whether it should be tempered glass or TPU? Finally, if I don't like the phone after a couple days of use, how easy is it to return to Google? Can you only return it if unopened or am I covered by the 14 day distance selling act regardless of if it's been used?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hassle free returns as long as it's not damaged.

Yes they accept open and used.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone got a Bellroy black case on a Pixel 7Pro and comment on the quality of it ? Currently using a Spigen Liquid Air but miss the feels of a leather case. Pictures and comments would be lovely. Thanks
Yes, I didn't like it at first but when i tried out Spigen Rugged Armour and Caseology Athlex I found the Bellroy to actually be far superior in terms of fit, feel, look and expected durability.

Some photos of the cases lined up. Rugged Armour is the flimsiest. Athlex is thick. Bellroy is classy.

y4mNDVG1x4m7NpVnysCzyV7wQlCvu53_bFkROPb4eNxJf8C4DtHelsTA3XEPphIfwP0qvhENE7xJ8dv5QJeIagvek1XUOgPkEjwnm5rhAtPu7M1puqeD7F220hF_GC7OW62ixykzYQFDCbcewsa9FRi4yeiWlRzTVtctYRzZF5hztSMIinnYeewmejCy8ncTbKO

y4mTbTMsMhRMrGtb-VhMmih5yu3taZzx_WSwnKMTjDZTyBa-f_dFJwfi_zDSan_ky9hzEfaSm4ptdE-aH4h-4XS9ppLK_Xt2uchhxkcBIRCxaFULak8RJivFeEWjj-MAtWRH5FpxSZ92ReepN2v6FzAai7fAbU47oT6PpkPCuKjnz0uvUCfjJ4d9O3nj2klY43B

The drawback on the Bellroy for me is likely not something that will bother others - it doesn't have a front cover (folio style).

Caporegime
Wow what the actual....

Was desperate for a screen protector so paid over the odds for a "premium" make in the Phone shop.
It has a very visible round area laying over the inscreen fingerprint reader.
It looks ****ing awful...

Do all inscreen fingerprint readers need this or did just mug myself off?

Honestly thinking about taking it off already after 5 mins :p

Associate
All of the Pixel 7 screen protectors seem to be rubbish. Tried a Jetech one but it was a bit short by a few mm which created an annoying rainbow effect on the edges. Waiting for the Spigen one to appear, but no idea when that will be.

Associate
One of the reason I was hesitant in going for a Google phone again was their lack of build quality. My Google Pixel 5 had a screen coating issue so sent it back and now the 7 has arrived with a scuff in the top right hand corner of the back of the phone. It's going straight back. FFS!

Soldato
Hi all,

Sorry, I don't have time to read 24 pages but I'd appreciate it if you answer a few questions please.

What is the difference between an LTE and a WiFi watch? WiFi is not available.

What's the vibration like on 7 Pro?

Soldato
All of the Pixel 7 screen protectors seem to be rubbish. Tried a Jetech one but it was a bit short by a few mm which created an annoying rainbow effect on the edges. Waiting for the Spigen one to appear, but no idea when that will be.
I got the Spigen NeoFlex, seems OK for a film protector. A bit messy fitting it with the spray trying to avoid fingerprints underneath. No different to the film protector that was prefitted on my S10.

Would prefer tempered glass but obviously curved screen means that isn't necessarily going to be available.

Soldato
LTE means it can be assigned its own eSIM (if your network allows it) to enable connectivity regardless of having your phone with you.

Thanks, watch would still work without esim card as long I have the phone with me?
Anyway just found out the watch is not in stock anymore.. gutted

Soldato
Thanks, watch would still work without esim card as long I have the phone with me?
Anyway just found out the watch is not in stock anymore.. gutted
Yes, it would still work exactly as the WiFi one would.

The LTE version means network connected activities like taking calls, streaming music etc. still work even without your phone nearby.

Last edited:
Soldato
One of the reason I was hesitant in going for a Google phone again was their lack of build quality. My Google Pixel 5 had a screen coating issue so sent it back and now the 7 has arrived with a scuff in the top right hand corner of the back of the phone. It's going straight back. FFS!
Ahh bad luck there.

As others have stated. You only buy a pixel for AI, camera and the software experience.

Things like SoC performance and build quality don’t seem to be very high on Google’s list.

Back
Top Bottom