Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
Quite liking the watch design... nom-nom

uc

Associate
I don't post often but wanted to post a review of my Pixel 7 Pro.

Having owned most Pixels including the Pixel 6 Pro , it appears Google finally have it right with the 7 Pro.

Had the 6 Pro but ended up selling due to the awful fingerprint scanner , bad mobile reception etc. Been running with an s22 Ultra since launch and it's almost perfect once you get rid of a lot of the bloat, anyway purchased the 7 Pro just to give Google another chance.

Great news is the fingerprint and face unlock are practically flawless, mobile reception has been great so far and the camera is as good as ever.

Only 24 hours in but battery life appears great, first thing I recommend is you run the update. Had a few bugs before this.

Also, turn off animations in developer mode as it speeds up the phone a lot, I do this with every phone and it makes it more snappy.

Associate
Anyone got a Bellroy black case on a Pixel 7Pro and comment on the quality of it ? Currently using a Spigen Liquid Air but miss the feels of a leather case. Pictures and comments would be lovely. Thanks

Man of Honour

How is WhatsApp not compatible with the pixel watch...?

As in the app download, notifications are working just fine.
I thought the same when I got my galaxy watch, seems strange WhatsApp doesn't have a WearOS app but maybe now we've got the pixel watch a few more apps will come out.

Soldato
What's the best deal out there atm, including topcashback/trade in/free buds/watch?
I'm going to buy from CPW. They're giving an extra £150 trade on, so will be getting £150 for a 10 year old Samsung Ace I found in my desk. That makes it £700 at point of sale. You'll need to claim for the watch separately next month, but shouldn't be difficult. I'll then sell my Pixel 5 privately and hope to get £250 for that which makes it £450.
Almost went direct to Google, but the Hazel is out of stock with no date, and two of the watches are out of stock. My local CPW have black in stock, but said Hazel is available next day.

Soldato
I'm going to buy from CPW. They're giving an extra £150 trade on, so will be getting £150 for a 10 year old Samsung Ace I found in my desk. That makes it £700 at point of sale. You'll need to claim for the watch separately next month, but shouldn't be difficult. I'll then sell my Pixel 5 privately and hope to get £250 for that which makes it £450.
Almost went direct to Google, but the Hazel is out of stock with no date, and two of the watches are out of stock. My local CPW have black in stock, but said Hazel is available next day.

I was tempted by this also. I have my old Mate 20 I could trade in for £150, go through quidco for some cashback, then sell my pixel 6 for £300 ish . Might be able to get an upgrade for £300 ish all in if I keep the watch or buds. It''s gotta be better than my 6 and the signal issues.

Soldato
I order an iPhone 13 pro a couple of weeks ago as it was a decent price and I've never had an Apple device.

Must admit, with the exception of the better build quality and superior camera, I preferred the Poco. :o

Alongside the iPhone, I thought the display on the Poco was great (thanks to 120Hz) and the Poco still felt quick and responsive in operation. I have debloated my Poco which probably helps.

I think what I'm getting at is a £200 phone like the Poco really does punch above its weight and makes me seriously question whether spending £849 on a Pixel 7 Pro is going to be that much better. It was only a stop gap purchase because my Galaxy Note 9 died. I probably will though at some point, due to the unknown future of software and security updates.
On the flip side I went from a Pixel 5 to that iPhone and I’m finding that it feels like a faster and more polished device that the P5. I’m not regretting it so far (only a week in) but I do feel the pull of the Apple ecosystem as it works so nicely with my iPad.

Soldato
Having Google assistant on the wrist is pretty amazing. Voice detection is impeccable and commands actioned fast and looks great on the watch screen.

GPay on the wrist is super convenient. Though must remember not to get too close and scratch the thing.

I agree with MKB that the recents button isn't super easy to get to but it's easy enough. Plus the dome design more than makes up for it.

Last edited:
Associate
I just ordered via Vodafone a obsidian black Pixel 7 Pro. Apparently as I ordered it today can get a free pixel watch as a freebie. I've got to wait until the promo website is up until 1st of Nov.

Anyone else preorder with voda? I'm upgrading from the Pixel 6 Pro that I love. My current watch is the Fitbit seance 1st gen.

Back
Top Bottom