Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
Is anyone having sound issues? I am having the audio briefly cut out during playback. It's happening a fair bit. I thought it would be notification related and one of the group chats had blown up but there was nothing. I haven't yet identified a pattern or reason to it.
Headphone or speakers?

I think there was an issue with Xperia devices when rotating from portrait to landscape, audio would cut out as the sound was balanced.

Last edited:
What is it that causes users to want a screen protector? Unless you're workers in dusty dirty environments, what is the need? I have never in my life used one that I can remember. I don't even use a case since I had my pixel 2 1st copy as the case ended up damaging the device.

My screen is perfect still, and I store it face down too when I want to remove the distraction of notifications.

I just struggle to see a situation where most people actually need one.

Do people think there's an element of "my screen protector is scratched to hell, if I hadn't used that, that'd be my screen" not then realising that the screen is way stronger than the protector?

Soldato
What is it that causes users to want a screen protector?

When I got my S8 everyone was raving about how scratch resistant the screen was.

It got scratched within 6 months. Wished i'd put a screen protector on it. Won't risk ruining the 'scratch resistant' screen on another phone.

When I got my S8 everyone was raving about how scratch resistant the screen was.

It got scratched within 6 months. Wished i'd put a screen protector on it. Won't risk ruining the 'scratch resistant' screen on another phone.
Sure but is that really the experience most have without screen protectors is what I'm interested to know.

Given my experience withoit having a protector, it just shocks me how many people use protectors, especially how nasty they feel in comparison and how nasty they become when they much more easily get damaged.

Associate
Sure but is that really the experience most have without screen protectors is what I'm interested to know.

Given my experience withoit having a protector, it just shocks me how many people use protectors, especially how nasty they feel in comparison and how nasty they become when they much more easily get damaged.
Personally I have never used a protector. I work at a desk and when up I have the phone in my pocket, no keys etc. in the same pocket ever. I always have a protective case though.

On the reverse all my kids have a screen protectors, and they crack it on a pretty regular basis, which hopefully shows it has saved the screens.

Associate
I've never seen the point in a screen protector either, they often don't fit very well and I never like the feel of them.

A phone is a tool at the end of the day and with the amount of time most people spend on them, they're always going to get the odd scratch from use. Generally, if looked after (in my experience anyway) they always fair pretty well with only micro scratches being picked up.

I've got the Google Pixel 7 Pro case on mine till my dbrand skin arrives, then I'll stop using the case. Ideally, I'd keep it naked but the black colour is so shiny and the back will pick up bigger scratches over time.

Soldato

I can't really speak for others but I see plenty of battered and bruised looking phones, anecdotally I would say you're probably in the minority to be using a phone with zero protection and still have it pristine and unmarked.

Tempered glass screen protectors are great, they really have very minimal impact on user 'feel' - given you've evidently not used protectors yourself for a long time, if ever, you might be pleasantly surprised how good the glass type ones have got. Film style protectors that you tend to see more of on curved screens are admittedly less pleasing to the touch. As for how nasty they become once damaged, well the advantage of having a protector is you can simply remove it and swap a new one onto it and it's back to being blemish free. My work phone has been through 3 or 4 protectors now.

Soldato
What is it that causes users to want a screen protector? Unless you're workers in dusty dirty environments, what is the need? I have never in my life used one that I can remember. I don't even use a case since I had my pixel 2 1st copy as the case ended up damaging the device.

My screen is perfect still, and I store it face down too when I want to remove the distraction of notifications.

I just struggle to see a situation where most people actually need one.

Do people think there's an element of "my screen protector is scratched to hell, if I hadn't used that, that'd be my screen" not then realising that the screen is way stronger than the protector?

I've always used screen protectors, going back to the iPhone4. I used to try and get the matte finish anti-glare ones, as they don't show up fingerprints and have a really nice finish to them. More recently all the phones I've bought have come with factory-applied protectors. Makes life easier in terms of future resale, whip off the protector and you've got a mint screen without any imperfections. Made the mistake of getting a tempered glass one for the Pixel 7 and it was awful, horrible feel and ruined the screen sensitivity.

Soldato
Got the 7 pro this morning. Loving the phone!

Is there anyway to set the timer for AOD? I can't see the option for it. Old phone did .

I'd like to switch off the AOD from 11pm to 7am.

Associate
Got the 7 pro this morning. Loving the phone!

Is there anyway to set the timer for AOD? I can't see the option for it. Old phone did .

I'd like to switch off the AOD from 11pm to 7am.
I don't think you can. It's weird isn't it, how many basic features other manufacturers add in that I'd assumed come standard in "pure" Android.

Soldato
I've had the Pro in hand for a couple of hours and liking it so far!
I have a question; how can I remove the 'press the unlock icon to open' screen? I'd like it to bypass that when my face is detected

Back
Top Bottom