Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
On the watch is there a way to turn the screen off when using fitbit?

For example I went for a 1 hour run this morning and wanted to track distance etc. The screen stayed on the whole time, but I didnt need it to as I just wanted to look at the stats when I got home.

I would prefer it if the screen turned off to save battery, but unless i've missed it (probably the case) I cant find that option.

Thanks

Associate
Got the LK film screen protector, which was recommended a few pages back, applied to my 7 Pro today.

The final result is great, it's practically invisible and no change to fingerprint sensor accuracy. What wasn't so fun was getting every last air bubble out, but maybe my initial application wasn't great - was my first attempt so still got a spare for next time at least.

It appears to have dropped to £9.99 with the voucher on the rainforest page today, so well worth a tenner or so to keep that screen pristine.

Associate
Got the LK film screen protector, which was recommended a few pages back, applied to my 7 Pro today.

The final result is great, it's practically invisible and no change to fingerprint sensor accuracy. What wasn't so fun was getting every last air bubble out, but maybe my initial application wasn't great - was my first attempt so still got a spare for next time at least.

It appears to have dropped to £9.99 with the voucher on the rainforest page today, so well worth a tenner or so to keep that screen pristine.
Yeah they are great aren't they. I brought myself another set as backup as they do scratch up quite easy to be honest compared to a glass based screen protector. Totally worth the tenner asking price for them.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Just had the £150 trade-in offer paid plus the £8 for my broken 3XL. Less than a week turn-around, chuffed.

Now to claim the watch on 1st November and get it flogged. I've already bought some Buds instead for £117 on eBay (new unopened) and not interested in the watch (ultra runner and already have a Garmin that lasts days whilst tracking).

Soldato
Posted my iPhone X to Curry's this morning. Took a video of it showing condition front and back coupled with turning on, turning off without issue. Annoyingly I forgot to take down the IMEI and Serial Number before I restored it to factory defaults.
Phone in great condition so I'll be ****** if they come back with a reduced offer.
Also noticed a scratch(which I can actually 'catch' with my finger nail' on my Pixel 7 screen. Screen protector ordered and my case was delivered yesterday(posted last Tuesday with RM 24) so hopefully I'll have it protected soon.

Associate
Posted my iPhone X to Curry's this morning. Took a video of it showing condition front and back coupled with turning on, turning off without issue. Annoyingly I forgot to take down the IMEI and Serial Number before I restored it to factory defaults.
Phone in great condition so I'll be ****** if they come back with a reduced offer.
Also noticed a scratch(which I can actually 'catch' with my finger nail' on my Pixel 7 screen. Screen protector ordered and my case was delivered yesterday(posted last Tuesday with RM 24) so hopefully I'll have it protected soon.
how are you finding the pixel compared to the iPhone X?

Associate
Rang Google and they confirm they have had my return. They are unsure why no updates have come through to me and have sent me an email to reflect this and that the credit should be with me shortly.

Associate
I posted mine at royal mail. Never got a tracking number. Asked for receipt and they said I don't get one with this type of postage. Might call them. Returned for credit with Google.
I did the same this morning, asked for proof and she said its in the system and they didnt issue proof.. If I go to my order now it says the trade in has been shipped, so atleast it has been recorded in the system.

Associate
Does anyone else find the top speaker with the Pixel 7 Pro not very private when taking calls? It feels like it is on speaker phone and everyone around can hear? Is this because the speaker is on the top bevel rather than on the face along with the screen?

Soldato
Are any of your photos taken with 50mp? All pics I took are at 12.5mp. no matter what. All at 12.5mp.

Not sure why, thought the main camera is 50mp, wide is 48mp.

What am I doing wrong?

Associate
Pixel binning, in my experience, provides that extra bit of fidelity to the images. Comparing (pixel peeping rather) photos taken on my old (but trusty) iPhone 11 Pro Max to the new Pixel 7 Pro (even my previous Pixel 6), you can really see the difference. I was happy with my Pixel 6, but really wanted that extra reach, and the 48MP 5x Optical Zoom really performs well. Heck, it even works up to 10x thanks to the 48MP sensor.

I'm really happy with my Pixel 7 Pro.

Associate
Pixel binning, in my experience, provides that extra bit of fidelity to the images. Comparing (pixel peeping rather) photos taken on my old (but trusty) iPhone 11 Pro Max to the new Pixel 7 Pro (even my previous Pixel 6), you can really see the difference. I was happy with my Pixel 6, but really wanted that extra reach, and the 48MP 5x Optical Zoom really performs well. Heck, it even works up to 10x thanks to the 48MP sensor.

I'm really happy with my Pixel 7 Pro.

How do you find the top speaker when receiving calls? Mine feels like it's on speaker phone rather than being fed into my ear.

Associate
How do you find the top speaker when receiving calls? Mine feels like it's on speaker phone rather than being fed into my ear.
I haven't had the chance to use it as a phone on its own (have always used headsets/headphones), but I will try this out. I have to admit though, that wouldn't be nice if it does that.

Back
Top Bottom