Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
They can't give these phones away. I've just received an email from the Google Store, and the Pixel 8 Pro has £300 off, and they've given me another 5% discount code for being a Google One subscriber. Crazy.

Soldato
They can't give these phones away. I've just received an email from the Google Store, and the Pixel 8 Pro has £300 off, and they've given me another 5% discount code for being a Google One subscriber. Crazy.
It's interesting though, they're still not as cheap as I paid on launch, back in November.
I paid £250 upfront with 12 monthly payments of £20.25 to come. Kind of ideal actually. £493 all in.
Granted, this is the regular 8, but in this 'crazy offer' right now, it would be £522... £30 more than I paid at launch. Everyone always says wait for the sales, but has it been as low as £493 since then?

Soldato
It's interesting though, they're still not as cheap as I paid on launch, back in November.

Granted, this is the regular 8, but in this 'crazy offer' right now, it would be £522... £30 more than I paid at launch. Everyone always says wait for the sales, but has it been as low as £493 since then?

That was a really good price. My additional 5% code brings the Pixel 8 128GB down to £514.

Soldato

AMEX also has £100 off £600 spend for those with a card.

Soldato

Yeah, on the EU store the offer is 800 EUR inc for the Pixel 8 Pro.

It's a great piece of kit and google will offer a great trade-in deal for the Pixel 9 Pro.

Associate
I can get a 8 pro direct from google for £649.05. Is that a good deal do you think ?
I get 10% back in google store credit too. Google One benefit, Get 10% back as Store credit to your account 24 hours after order ships †£64.91
They have £300 off and I got email a voucher today for an additional %5 off too. So total savings were
Save an additional 5%
-£49.95
Save on Pixel 8 Pro
-£300.00

I might pull the trigger :D

Last edited:
the credit is store credit that expires in a year i think, so unless you will 100% use that for something you were going to buy, it's not a saving. i had the same thought years ago, and then realised i had this £64 credit i couldn't use, so forced myself to buy over priced items to use it up, and then was annoyed as i should have just bought from else where.

Associate
the credit is store credit that expires in a year i think, so unless you will 100% use that for something you were going to buy, it's not a saving. i had the same thought years ago, and then realised i had this £64 credit i couldn't use, so forced myself to buy over priced items to use it up, and then was annoyed as i should have just bought from else where.
I cannot find it cheaper brand new anywhere else though. The cheapest I've found is on VOXI's site for £669. I'm not too hot on finding good deals :(

Soldato
I can get a 8 pro direct from google for £649.05. Is that a good deal do you think ?
I get 10% back in google store credit too. Google One benefit, Get 10% back as Store credit to your account 24 hours after order ships †£64.91
They have £300 off and I got email a voucher today for an additional %5 off too. So total savings were
Save an additional 5%
-£49.95
Save on Pixel 8 Pro
-£300.00

I might pull the trigger :D

I think it is yes.

Associate
I just bought it and the great case which has served me well for my Pixel 6 which I got from aliexpress. This time I got it from the bay as it supposed to arrive a week faster. We shall see.
Thanks for the push I needed :D

Last edited:

pre

pre

Associate
Having gone for the P8 for around 6m now I'll have to say it was an improvement over P7 - not in performance but in terms of experience/weird software glitches. If they keep to the software updates I'll probably keep this until P10 at least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom