Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Associate
I see the 128gb 8 is £399 at Giffgaff, very tempting :p

Still hanging on to my 6pro currently. Not sure the 8 is a big enough jump.
I went from the standard 6 to the 8 pro and it's a massive upgrade for me. The facial unlock is brilliant for starters and then the camera is loads better which was the main reason I went for the pro and I'm glad I did. The battery has taken 4-5 days to settle in, I wasn't impressed at the start but now doing better. I have no regrets. :D

Not sure if I'm losing the plot but it seems like possibly since this months update that now when I pick my phone up and the screen comes on I then have to tap the screen before the front camera activates for facial unlock. I'm sure this used to just come on when the screen did.

Anyone else noticed this or am I just going mad.
When I pick mine up, the screen comes on and it unlocks instantly and opens at the last place I was before I locked the screen. I did change a setting in "Face Unlock" to "Skip lock screen" to enable this. I have only just got the phone so I don't know how it used to do it sorry.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
When I pick mine up, the screen comes on and it unlocks instantly and opens at the last place I was before I locked the screen. I did change a setting in "Face Unlock" to "Skip lock screen" to enable this. I have only just got the phone so I don't know how it used to do it sorry.
I'm not going mad then as that's exactly how mine used to work :o

Associate
Yeah first thing I checked, couldn't see anything out of the ordinary in there.
Maybe try setting up face unlock again. It's a great feature for sure. I'm a builder and my fingers get a bit of a battering and would hardly work to unlock the phone so face unlock is a godsend.

Associate
anyone want a quadlock pixel 8 mag case for free , ordered the pixel 8 quadlock case by accident got on to returns and they said keep this case and give it to someone and they will send an 8 pro case out gratis , now thats fantastic customer service.
first one to reply gets it.

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone want a quadlock pixel 8 mag case for free
Only if no-one else needed it. I was just having a look at their mounts and the running one might be useful. I hate running with my phone in my pocket, bouncing about. Happy to see if anyone actually has a need as mine is more out of curiosity.

Associate
Only if no-one else needed it. I was just having a look at their mounts and the running one might be useful. I hate running with my phone in my pocket, bouncing about. Happy to see if anyone actually has a need as mine is more out of curiosity.
Pm me your address and I will send it out fri

Back
Top Bottom