Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Associate
Can't believe I'm taking this long choosing a case like jesus christ.

I think Ive settled on the Rugged Armor but a review on Amazon said "Has a nice matte rubberised finish on its back with textured edges - for reasonable, predictable, grip. No gimmicks. You'll need to buy a screen and lense protector separately."

So the rugged armor doesn't protect the screen or lense? Isn't that the whole point i.e. if you put it face down the case should protect the screen etc?

Soldato

I think Ive settled on the Rugged Armor but a review on Amazon said "Has a nice matte rubberised finish on its back with textured edges - for reasonable, predictable, grip. No gimmicks. You'll need to buy a screen and lense protector separately."

So the rugged armor doesn't protect the screen or lense? Isn't that the whole point i.e. if you put it face down the case should protect the screen etc?

There is a small lip to the case, which means that if you put if face down the screen isn't resting on the surface of whatever you put it on (same with the camera bar). So in that sences it does offer some protection for the screen and the camera lenses.

But, this won't protect the screen from micro-scratches from being in your pocket or a bag with something that can scratch the screen. The case I think is mostly to protect the phone from damage from being dropped. So it should lessen the risk of the screen cracking or shattering if you drop it. I've dropped all of the phones I've had in Spiggen cases from quite a height a number of times, and never had the screen crack or shatter (unlike several peope I know who don't use cases for some reason...).

I got a Ometon screen protector as well as the case just to be sure nothing scratches the screen.

Last edited:
Associate

Don’t over think it too much. Just get the case and screen protector and you will be sorted.

I ordered the Spigen Liquid Air and also the L+K Tempted Screen protector kit.

Spigen Liquid Air Case Compatible... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CL8T5YNP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

LK 2+2 Pack for Google Pixel 8A... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0D1YB4BJ7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Hopefully my pixel order will come on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom