Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
I just won't pay more than £600 - £700 for a phone. It's a disposable item with a very finite lifespan.
Mine is £400-500 inflation has pushed it up in recent times. If batteries lasted longer I suspect most would upgrade with less frequency. Odd that batteries don't see to be any better than they used to be. I know there is more demand on them, bigger screens etc ;) Think like a big corporation and you soon realise there is very little incentive to make them last for 5+ years.

Soldato
Well I'm already using OneDrive and Google Drive so seems a bit silly to add another backup option. As its free through Amazon Prime I'll give it a go and see. However 5GB video won't last long with 4K video. I've already got almost 4GB videos just of my cat so I think the 5GB limit for videos will be reached straightaway with other videos. If videos was unlimited I'd look into it seriously but I'm so close already with just one folder of videos so might have to not use Amazon Photos.
must be a handsome cat :D

I've got 4, and dont think i have so many vids of them :D just pics

Associate
OP
So is everyone going for the Blue? While my daughter thinks it looks “so cool”, I’m not sure I’m so cool to pull it off! :cry:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well thats a rub, I already have the pixel pro buds and dont fancy the pro phone, too big for my needs.

as you say ebay will be flooded with buds, good time to pick up a bargain for them, nice little headphones tbh.

Associate
Mine is £400-500 inflation has pushed it up in recent times. If batteries lasted longer I suspect most would upgrade with less frequency. Odd that batteries don't see to be any better than they used to be. I know there is more demand on them, bigger screens etc ;) Think like a big corporation and you soon realise there is very little incentive to make them last for 5+ years.
Try slow charging overnight with a standard 5w charger and only use a fast charger when you need to.

Soldato
Try slow charging overnight with a standard 5w charger and only use a fast charger when you need to.
The battery is fine it's a new phone. They still have the same life as they have had for years. Obviously better battery technology is harder than other advances it seems.

I'm seriously considering upgrading my Poco F3 to this. Custom roms are becoming less appealing to me with them not being able to meet the new safetynet criteria.
I do miss the days when a custom rom gave some wicked features however, what do they give these days? With phones as they are, I can't imagine any benefits to it, especially as it now comes at a cost in terms of, what I beleive at least, contactless payments not working?

Associate
I do miss the days when a custom rom gave some wicked features however, what do they give these days? With phones as they are, I can't imagine any benefits to it, especially as it now comes at a cost in terms of, what I beleive at least, contactless payments not working?

I can get contactless On my POCO F3 with ArrowOS. It's more that banking apps are going to eventually transition to the new safetynet standard so they will never work on custom roms.

Outside of that I'm hoping that the battery life on the 8 will be better than the 7.

Back
Top Bottom