Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
Haven't watched the event yet but sounds like it's basically everything we already knew. The real info we want to know will need to wait for the reviews it seems.

Basket.

10% back with Google One and 3.25% with top cashback.

pixel8.png
How do you get the 24months 0%apr? When I click pay with Klarna it's £333 for 3 months and that's it.

Associate
Anyone used the trade in via Google store? When do you have to send your phone and how has the experience been?

Edit: Within 30 days of receiving the new device it seems.
Did it twice through the Google Store last year and got paid the full amount. No hassle at all from my own personal experience.

Reactions: LiE
Associate
For those who are looking to sell the watch on, what kind of price are you hoping to see?

Tempted to upgrade my 5 for the 8 Pro, just trying to work the sums!
Gen 1 watch started at 150 and dropped to 120 quickly, i would expect the same here as the gen 1 was LTE vs the wifi one now.

Associate
Has anyone returned anything to the Google store?

I’m considering ordering the 8 pro before the preorder promo drops to make sure I can get it and compare it to the iPhone 15 pro and then decide.

Obviously don’t want to be stuck with a phone I don’t want if I don’t like it

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've ordered. If it turns out to be rubbish I'll just return it.

The face unlock working for passwords and banking is a big deal and means the FPS being subpar is less of an issue.

I can't see myself being happy with an iPhone 15, I don't like the photos or the 60hz.

£88 Google store credit from signing up for a month of the 2TB Google One plan and hopefully the 3.25% topcashback tracks. I'll be happy with anything over £80 for my Pixel 5 considering the camera glass is cracked.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've ordered. If it turns out to be rubbish I'll just return it.

The face unlock working for passwords and banking is a big deal and means the FPS being subpar is less of an issue.

I can't see myself being happy with an iPhone 15, I don't like the photos or the 60hz.

£88 Google store credit from signing up for a month of the 2TB Google One plan and hopefully the 3.25% topcashback tracks. I'll be happy with anything over £80 for my Pixel 5 considering the camera glass is cracked.

When is your 15 Pro going up for sale in MM? :D

Last edited:
Associate
Disappointed they offer me nearly the same trade in price for a 1 year old Pixel 7, as they did last year for a 4 year old S10. That doesn't make sense, and i will be holding on to the Pixel7.

Soldato
So do I buy an 8 Pro 256 with a free Pixel Watch 2 for a total of £1059 then bank 10% credit for accessories and other Google stuff I might get later, like Nest Protect OR do I wait, forego the free Watch 2 offer, and hope the 8 Pro drops in price enough that even if I have to pay £349 for the watch the price drop in the total price for an 8 Pro 256 + Watch comes to less than £1,059 now? :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So do I buy an 8 Pro 256 with a free Pixel Watch 2 for a total of £1059 then bank 10% credit for accessories and other Google stuff I might get later, like Nest Protect OR do I wait, forego the free Watch 2 offer, and hope the 8 Pro drops in price enough that even if I have to pay £349 for the watch the price drop in the total price for an 8 Pro 256 + Watch comes to less than £1,059 now? :)

You'll be waiting a while before the prices drop substantially.

Soldato
Yeah I noticed that, but the second option for 3 months also mentions "other options".

Select it and then you'll get an option for 24 months 0%.
Strange I don't seem to get that option.

That CPW deal looks better as I don't have much of a trade in option and still would need a sim deal on top of that £41 a month.

Soldato
Hmmm seems a lot of money these, is it a big upgrade over pixel 6? Having a think but 1k for a pro is a bit spicy compared to my p6 previous price...

Is there a comparison in camera photos?

Last edited:
Associate
Strange I don't seem to get that option.

That CPW deal looks better as I don't have much of a trade in option and still would need a sim deal on top of that £41 a month.
Exactly what I ended up doing.

I went through the basket with Klarna, even saw the pre contract information or whatever it's called, then checked to see if mobile contract sellers had deals up already and saw the mobiles.co.uk and then the CPW one! (Both the same deal, but CPW via Quidco has more cashback)

My EE unlimited £20 (now £22.89 after April) 12 month SIM is about to end so a good time to move for me anyway.
Very happy to pay £7 or so more per month and £299 up front to get the Pixel 8 Pro 256GB!

Undecided whether I'll sell or keep the watch, currently have a Pixel Watch and can't imagine I'll get much selling it, though I got it on the bay not long after the Pixel 7 Pro launch for under £200, LTE too, though for me LTE is pointless.

Having seen other pictures of the Bay Blue, MKBHD's video too, I am happy with my choice of colour. The initial pictures made it look a little feminine.

Soldato
Ordered the 256GB Bay Blue pro

Was due an upgrade with EE but have been holding out for the Pixel 8
I'm upgrading from the Pixel 7 (non pro) which normally wouldn't make much sense but my daughter's phone is 4 years old now so she's having my Pixel 7

The yearly upgrades are quite small now so this will probably be my last for a few years

Back
Top Bottom