Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Associate
Yes, I know what you mean, but it's not a TCO in my opinion or to me. I am looking at the split costs as they are listed as it's not like my SIM is free at the moment so I want to take that amount off what I would be paying on this contract.

I'm currently paying EE about £25-£28 a month for my SIM only plan. I've closed the tab now, but yes it was £918 for the device and I think I could have 25GB for £28 a month or 125GB for £34 a month, so, not really much different to my current SIM only. I would literally just be getting the device for £918, which you can pay a lump at the start and change the contract length. Once the device is paid off, you change to just pay for the SIM, which seems pretty good to me.

**EDIT** I do see what you mean when you look at a iD plan which would be £1200 or so for the equivalent.

I guess the EE deal is fine if you're planning on paying off the handset cost early and then also ditching the SIM as the SIM is terrible value.

The deal posted right above yours is £999 all in for 100GB (£20 more for unlimited), and still you'll be able to pay off the contract any time, and if you don't, you've got a load of data to use every month if you are ok with Three, for just £81 effectively over 24 months compared to the EE handset price.

I didn't really pay attention to the iD deals with lower up fronts as was happy to put a sum down to keep the monthly price down, and also not be so painful should I choose to pay it off in a year.

I'm currently paying EE £22.89 for unlimited SIMO, ends on 13th October conveniently :D

Last edited:
Associate
Potentially one of the likely better and more used features - hopefully it will improve with time and could make a big difference to some landscape / wide photography with the device. But even during the presentation I thought the 'enhanced' bridge uprights looked better, but the cables got much much worse... I'm sure they could have found a better picture to use - maybe something with more plain colours like an airplane on a runway.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

CSI zoom vibes :D

DhK9ZZ.gif

Associate
I depends what you value in a phone. Also this is launch price, it will drop a fair bit over the next many months.
I hope/expect so, but even if they drop the price of say an 8 Pro by the cost of a Pixel Watch 2 they've hardly improved the deal they are offering right now and I don't see say a 256GB Pixel 8 Pro being sold for less than £700 even on black Friday.
Plus it will need to contend with other devices being released - I can see upcoming mid-rangers knocking on the door of the same performance level for less money over the next couple of years, especially if (as Google claim) the G4 will not be a massive upgrade over the G3 SoC.

On the flip side, with the 7 year support window, the 8 series has a great shot at replacing the Pixel 6a as being a device worth buying 2 years from now for less than half the cost....

Caporegime
Phoned idmobile, told them I'd seen an offer for £28.99pm and £99 for the pro 128. They didn't even argue, just gave it to me.

Works out at £790, not bad considering I've sold the watch already and includes a data plan. Even without the data plan it's cheaper than buying it via Google!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've not read good things about ID Mobile signal and service.

I've had no issues, only real time is when I'm out in the mountains and it's not as good as Vodafone.

But I have a spare Vodafone sim as an emergency if I need to for those worst case scenarios.

Soldato
I've not read good things about ID Mobile signal and service.
I'm using them and it's fine. The only issues I have are in areas where every network is poor, lie of the land I suspect blocking coverage. The rest of the time my wife and I have commented on the incredibly clear call quality. We both have 7Pro's and even outside when it's windy it sounds like being in a quiet room.

Associate
Probably get a code or way to redeem the free watch separately where you can pick the colour.
That would be nice but...

Pixel Watch 2 (usually £349) included​

Pixel Watch 2 delivered with the handset to the address provided at the checkout. No cash alternative. If the handset is returned the gift must be returned. Standard Terms and conditions apply. Offer valid until 16/10/2023. Pay monthly price subject to credit check eligibility and minimum 24 month term on selected tariff. Monthly pricing & out of bundle charges will increase in line with CPI + 3.9%

Here's hoping at the very least it matches the colour of the phone! If not I'll just chuck it on the bay and buy another one there for a similar price.

Back
Top Bottom