Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
Cancelled my order with the Pixel Watch 2 and just gone with the Pixel 8 and free buds which I'll sell. Also took the opportunity to use 24 month Klarna option and use the cash elsewhere.
im waiting for cashback to be back and go for pro ( wife has an eye on watch LOL )

but then am thinking if normal 8 would not be better due to te size...8pro is not much bigger than normal 6, and slimmer and lighter...so i should be fine...

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
im waiting for cashback to be back and go for pro ( wife has an eye on watch LOL )

but then am thinking if normal 8 would not be better due to te size...8pro is not much bigger than normal 6, and slimmer and lighter...so i should be fine...

Size and weight is top of my list, it's why I love the Pixel 5. The Pro has better cameras but alas is too big for me.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Thanks, close to market then. With the released of Android 14 on the P5 and I am two minds now!

This is my alternative option, just keep the 5 for another year or pick up a cheaper Pixel 8 in the year. I have at a minimum access to a 10% student code that will work after pre-orders bringing it down to £720.

Associate
I see EE have now separated device payments and airtime, I guess like O2 did some time ago. I've been SIM only for many years, but I'm kind of tempted to go back to contract as the 8P 256 would be £918 in total through them.

That sounds very cheap for EE...!

Where did you find that deal?

EDIT:
Ahhh
"Total device cost: £918"

Need to chuck airtime on top of that too, which appears to be £32 for unlimited with no 100Mbps restriction.

£1686 TCO, steep!

Last edited:
Associate
Which cases are people going for? I normally default to the Spigen Rugged, good balance of protection without adding too much bulk.

Not sure if there's anything else worth a look...

Soldato
Thanks, close to market then. With the released of Android 14 on the P5 and I am two minds now!
Yeah I was in two minds but decided to go for it as likely get sod all for the P5 next year on the P9 and would think second hand prices likely plummet for them too.
I generally upgrade every 3-4 years so hopped in.

Back
Top Bottom