Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

The camera is so good, even coming from the 7 pro I'm noticing a marked improvement.

Coming from a cheap Chinese phone it's absolutely blown me away. The screen too.

My battery issues are definitely network related. Done a 5 hour drive Friday, with maps the whole way and YouTube playing in the background. Was on 45% when I finished, with about 5.5 hours screen time. Not bad really.

Ordered my 8 today to upgrade from my 5, spigen case on the way too. Hoping my fears of overheating and excessive battery usage are unfounded, I'm not a particulary heavy user.

Ordered my 8 today to upgrade from my 5, spigen case on the way too. Hoping my fears of overheating and excessive battery usage are unfounded, I'm not a particulary heavy user.
You'll be fine, coming from the 5, I'm easily able to do two days on a charge. Not really a heavy user either mind you. Currently have a couple of hours SOT and still have 72% battery left. That was unplugging at 9am.

one thing I'm annoyed with, is that they don't give give Loyal customers the same perks as new users, i've spend the same money as the "new" user but don't get my free 6 months to fitbit or youtube or google drive

one thing I'm annoyed with, is that they don't give give Loyal customers the same perks as new users, i've spend the same money as the "new" user but don't get my free 6 months to fitbit or youtube or google drive
It's like a free watch or buds isn't enough right?
I know which I'd rather have.

How do you explain the £1059 I paid for an 8 Pro & Bud Pros, Vs e £1059 for the 8 Pro only right now then? Were my Bids free or has the phone increased in price.

Easily explained; you were fleeced for the second purchase. That was like going into DFS to buy a settee on the one week of the year that they are legally obliged to sell at the "non sale" price.

You need to think about the advertising and marketing that's going on here, and if there's one company in the entire world that understands advertising and marketing then it's Google.

None of it is free, and the price drops you are about to see will be proof of that.
Of course it's free/gift.... Whatever. Because it's not there now. And it's the same price as it was the without it now.

I'm not gonna wait months for a price drop when the equivalent there at launch. Things are expensive at launch beacuse they're hot off the press. And you pay the privelage for it... And Google were kind enough to bundle a gift for FREE which you can do what you like with.

I sold mine and therefore got the 512GB 8 Pro for £950. If it wasn't free then I couldn't have made money from selling it.

And Google were kind enough to bundle a gift for FREE

I think you're being very naive there.

The "free" gift is one of the reasons I didn't buy the handset, I'm not paying for a watch I don't need or ear buds I don't need - I'm one of the people who will wait for the price to be revised for the handset only. Yes, your are correct that all handsets will drop in price a month or two after release, but if you look at the historical price drops on Pixel handsets as a percentage then it's far higher than most other high end handsets like Samsung or Apple. The reason for that is overwhelmingly obvious - the price of the "free" gift has been removed by that point.

I think you're being very naive there.

The "free" gift is one of the reasons I didn't buy the handset, I'm not paying for a watch I don't need or ear buds I don't need - I'm one of the people who will wait for the price to be revised for the handset only. Yes, your are correct that all handsets will drop in price a month or two after release, but if you look at the historical price drops on Pixel handsets as a percentage then it's far higher than most other high end handsets like Samsung or Apple. The reason for that is overwhelmingly obvious - the price of the "free" gift has been removed by that point.
Simple truth.
Come back to me when the 512GB 8 Pro is on sale for £950. Then you'll come to your senses.

Point is the freebies have solid monetary value and can be sold to offset the cost of the main device. It's not just some worthless freebie.

And yes it's free, what ever way you want to look it at.

Point is the freebies have solid monetary value and can be sold to offset the cost of the main device. It's not just some worthless freebie.

And yes it's free, what ever way you want to look it at.
Definitely not free, all factored into the price you pay. Probably get them for £20 so just a tool to sell more phones at the inflated release prices.

It was free. Go buy a Pixel 8 pro now on Google's site and see how much it costs to get the watch/phone bundle now.

Oh it costs more now? Oh why is that. Because it's not free anymore.

Last edited:
Simple truth.
Come back to me when the 512GB 8 Pro is on sale for £950. Then you'll come to your senses.

The 256GB model is available now, with a £60 discount, and instead of a "free" watch that I don't need it comes with "free" mobile network access that I most definitely do need - and I even get to pay in monthly installments, interest "free". ;)

Try this on your new Pixel:

"Hey Google, how do marketing and sales incentives work..."

hF9GAua.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom