Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

So instead of giving me a watch I can sell for good money your giving me a useless network in my area. Awesome, thanks.

Still not a 512GB model though because it only sold directly. Come back with a 512GB for less than I paid. You won't because you can't anytime soon.

The 256GB model is available now, with a £60 discount, and instead of a "free" watch that I don't need it comes with "free" mobile network access that I most definitely do need - and I even get to pay in monthly installments, interest "free". ;)

Try this on your new Pixel:

"Hey Google, how do marketing and sales incentives work..."

The 256GB model is available now, with a £60 discount, and instead of a "free" watch that I don't need it comes with "free" mobile network access that I most definitely do need - and I even get to pay in monthly installments, interest "free". ;)

Try this on your new Pixel:

"Hey Google, how do marketing and sales incentives work..."

hF9GAua.jpeg

+Cpi (and 3.4%) raises *2

It was free. Go buy a Pixel 8 pro now on Google's site and see how much it costs to get the watch/phone bundle now.

Oh it costs more now? Oh why is that. Because it's not free anymore.
Just because the deal is worse now doesn't mean it was free before, it's how their clever marketing gets you ;)

It netted me a phone cheaper than you'll see it in a long time. And on release day. That's the cold hard fact that you seem to be ignoring, same as your buddy there.
I bought a 7Pro as it worked out really cheap. Phone prices drop like clockwork. If you must have on release that's cool but it's never a bargain even with man maths ;) Oh and I think "my buddy" is on my ignore list, maybe I was too hasty :cry:

I bought a 7Pro as it worked out really cheap. Phone prices drop like clockwork. If you must have on release that's cool but it's never a bargain even with man maths ;) Oh and I think "my buddy" is on my ignore list, maybe I was too hasty :cry:
Didn't say it was a bargain did I. Nice try though.

Makes sense he's on your list. You're all crackers haha.

RPI has stung me, £75, 2 years ago and now its £93! I've got until the 1st November and then its cancel time. 1 Month contract from now on as I bought my phone direct. £7.95 with TT or maybe £10 with O2 or Smarty

RPI has stung me, £75, 2 years ago and now its £93! I've got until the 1st November and then its cancel time. 1 Month contract from now on as I bought my phone direct. £7.95 with TT or maybe £10 with O2 or Smarty
£93 a month for what?
Smarty is good I don't think they do increases either. Just the price you see.

Last edited:
£93 a month for what?
Smarty is good I don't think they do increases either. Just the price you see.

It was with the Pixel 6 Pro 256GB and full unlimited, it was a good deal at the time but RPI was laughing at me!

My plan was inc phone price so I'm getting RPI stung on that. Now EE have them spilt out.

Google
Google Pixel 8 Pro 256GB
24 month interest free credit agreement
£30.00
upfront
£37.00
monthly

EE All Rounder Unlimited
24 months
£35.00*
monthly

Inclusive Extras​

Roam Abroad Pass

£0.00
included in your plan

Free delivery
£0.00

Total upfront cost:
£30.00

Total monthly cost:
£72.00

Last edited:
don't know why, nothing has changed on my Pro since i got it. but for some reason today the battery drop from 99% to 43% over 5-6 hours. with the phone getting so hot it was just about able to hold it ( with a mous shockproof case on it) the camera bump (the one bit not covered in case) you would have put` to keep your finger on it. turned the phone off and on again and now it cooled down

Anything in the battery page to show the most used app? I've had it before with my p5, randomly drops to next to no battery, super hot. Figured it was due to the phone on its way out, but perhaps was a bug. Was a rare thing though, hopefully for you too.

How do you explain the £1059 I paid for an 8 Pro & Bud Pros, Vs e £1059 for the 8 Pro only right now then? Were my Bids free or has the phone increased in price.
Marketing tricks, they do it because it works and you're proof of that. An item isn't free if it requires payment in order to receive it. What they're actually doing is selling a bundle of items together and labeling one of them as "free" to make you think you're getting a good deal. The "free" item is often time limited put put pressure on people who are thinking about buying it to do so now. When they remove the "free" item from the bundle they're effectively putting the price of both items up temporarily.

Back
Top Bottom