Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Associate
Just had a blue 8 Pro 256 , watch and case delivered.

Was going to give it a miss this year but keen to see how it stacks up against the s23 ultra, got shot of the 7 pro earlier in the year due to the issues

Associate
In an ideal world the OH would get the normal Pixel but she is unlikely to change from her iPhone to run the same ecosystem.

Just saw reddit thread mentioning 16th October at 23.59 (subject to stock)

Soldato
Had my store credit applied...now after my previous store credit was removed the final payment was around £843 so I expected around £84 back in store credit. To my surprise I have had £105.14 back. Despite the discount against the Pixel Watch 2 (cost me £150) they've applied a promotional £25.74 against that item. Happy days.

Honestly that 2TB subscription for £79 really does pay for itself.
Did you have to follow any steps or just order whilst logged into Google and let them pickup you have a One account?

Soldato
Yeah it's good. And even Google authenticator is cloud now. As I got caught out on that before. Formatting my phone

Only bank apps and my work rsa token that required input
Really takes the pain out of changing phones. Even better that its an Android thing and not just a Pixel thing. Just waiting for my apps to finish installing then i can finish setting it up, waiting for my Spigen Liquid Air case.

Associate
So early impressions after 24 hours –

Good -

Feels good in the hand – Better than the 6 & 7 Pro.

Flat screen is so much better. Time to ditch the curved screen on all phones.

Screen is way brighter then the 7 Pro. 7 was pitifully dim in the sun.

Taken a few pictures & videos, all seems good. On a par with my S23 Ultra. It’s easier to take pictures now the screen is so much brighter.

Bad -

Screen still sounds hollow in the centre when you tap it.

The button placement is still wrong. Volume keys should be on the top & Power on the bottom. Makes using the the volume keys to take pictures so much easier. Google need to stop being silly & change them round.

That’s all atm.

Am I glad I traded in my Pixel 7 Pro – You bet I am.

Last edited:
Soldato
So early impressions after 24 hours –

Good -

Feels good in the hand – Better than the 6 & 7 Pro.

Flat screen is so much better. Time to ditch the curved screen on all phones.

Screen is way brighter then the 7 Pro. 7 was pitifully dim in the sun.

Taken a few pictures & videos, all seems good. On a par with my S23 Ultra. It’s easier to take pictures now the screen is so much brighter.

Bad -

Screen still sounds hollow in the centre when you tap it. That’s all atm.

Am I glad I traded in my Pixel 7 Pro – You bet I am.
Interesting bad point as I said that to myself earlier. Sounds hollow!

Soldato
Pixel buds sound fairly decent too. I also installed Wavelet which has Auto EQ for them, Pretty impressed.
I then went back to my usual gym headphones and they sound utter trash now compared to just regular junk. Anyway to bring up the pixel buds app as I know its baked into Pixels now
I keep finding myself looking for the rear finger print scanner after 6 years of P2 and P5 use.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pixel buds sound fairly decent too. I also installed Wavelet which has Auto EQ for them, Pretty impressed.
I then went back to my usual gym headphones and they sound utter trash now compared to just regular junk.

Yeah I'm looking forward to test mine on a hike, I had been using the Anker BT ones but wired between each side. Glad to fully drop the wire and easy charging with the buds too! No more Micro USB!

Associate
Screen still sounds hollow in the centre when you tap it.

The button placement is still wrong. Volume keys should be on the top & Power on the bottom. Makes using the the volume keys to take pictures so much easier. Google need to stop being silly & change them round.
Interesting points - and now you mention it yes can feel the hollow middle - my taps on the screen "sound" different! Doesn't bother me though.

And at first I thought same as you on the side buttons. Different placement to my old phone is taking getting used to. But actually I find both portrait and landscape shots ok - I'm right handed and use my thumb for portrait and right index for landscape (never used left hand for snapping).

Back
Top Bottom