Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
Does anyone use the Google VPN?
I did have a look at it as it comes with Google One, to be fair it works, is fast enough but is limited. You won't be changing countries on it (from what I've experienced) as it essentially acts as a local VPN to protect your IP. So if you're in the UK you'll still be showing as a UK location.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did some VPN tests and they all say it leaks DNS, not even 100% sure that's a bad thing. When I check the IP it always shows as Google so at least it hides your IP.

Soldato
Managed over 8hrs SOT for the first time, battery seems to be improving.

Phone is also very smooth now, no scroll lag.

Working well with the watch, getting at least 2days usage.

Happy user !

Man of Honour
So my screen is already quite scratched. *I know I know* "you should have got a screen protector...". Nah, I don't like them, and to be honest I can look past the scratches. The point was that compared to my 6 Pro which took a good few months before any blemishes appeared, this one seems to be more prone to scratching. It's not a big deal really, doesn't bother me, just like a scratch on my car, I can ignore it. This is more of an observation, the screen seems less resilient to me. My behaviours have been no different to normal.

Soldato
So my screen is already quite scratched. *I know I know* "you should have got a screen protector...". Nah, I don't like them, and to be honest I can look past the scratches. The point was that compared to my 6 Pro which took a good few months before any blemishes appeared, this one seems to be more prone to scratching. It's not a big deal really, doesn't bother me, just like a scratch on my car, I can ignore it. This is more of an observation, the screen seems less resilient to me. My behaviours have been no different to normal.
Could well just be bad luck. Mine is still fine and so was my 6 Pro.

Caporegime

I can't see any on mine and I've used it hiking (which it got so soaked I got a can't use USB warning) and of course got muddy with fingers etc. also used it for mtb which pockets always get full of crap.

Might be worth reporting, it does advertise as almost scratch proof!

Soldato
I see (from HUKD) that the Pixel 8 can now be had for £506. I was really tempted by the slightly smaller device (than current Pixel 6) and brighter screen, but tbh I was kinda after the new photo features, which I think are Pro only, right? I think I'll sit tight on my 6 for now :( There's just not enough new to tempt me.

Back
Top Bottom