Google Pixel 9 Series (9/9 Pro/9 Pro XL/9 Pro Fold & Pixel Watch 3)

Good trade in for my 7 Pro.

Shame almost all the updates are software related, guess we've pretty much hit peak smartphone now and software locked to the 'new device' is the new incentive :(

Yeah I am not in a mad rush to switch, but frustrating they seem to be locking software features to the pixel 9.

Seeing as it came out 10 months ago
They will release for the 8 pro, they always do.

Funny how half of their demos were on an s24 ultra , it's faster and better spec and you can get it for less .

I was looking at the phone on the Google store , every year I have pre-ordered without hesitation. Nothing really warrants a change,not really a bad thing tbh

The only one I'm tempted by is the Fold as with the trade in it's about £1200 and I've wanted to try a Fold for a while now.

Shame the cameras aren't as good as the other models though.

Ha! My one year old Pixel Fold trade in is £581 with a £300 bonus. So a £1,749 device a year later, according to Google or its trade in partner is now only worth £281 (excluding the bonus). So an 84% one year depreciation value!

I'm on the fence, I like a lot of the improvements (thinner, brighter screen, aspect ratio that more apps support) but I'll wait it out I think. I would be interested in knowing the weight reduction, the OG Fold is a heavy beast.

Last edited:
Just remember Gemini is free for a year, after that you have to start paying £20 a month... A lot of the useful stuff you could already do with the Google assistant which they are silently trying to get rid of and force you to a paid tier.

Also Gemini still has a lot of issues , not something I would pay for when you have Claude and Gpt4 free and paid tiers.

paying £20 a month

IMG-0570.gif

Just remember Gemini is free for a year, after that you have to start paying £20 a month... A lot of the useful stuff you could already do with the Google assistant which they are silently trying to get rid of and force you to a paid tier.

Also Gemini still has a lot of issues , not something I would pay for when you have Claude and Gpt4 free and paid tiers.

Isn't that for Gemini advanced (or whatever it's called?)

I really do hate this subscription world we live in now. I look at the amount of direct debits coming out each month and it's madness.

I remember back in my 20's outside of my household utilities I only had my mobile phone. Now it's a list as long as my arm. Yep interested in Gemini but yeah no chance I am paying £20 a month for that, they are gonna miss a trick with that one, as a lot of people are still on the fence with the whole AI stuff anyway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom