Google Pixel 9 Series (9/9 Pro/9 Pro XL/9 Pro Fold & Pixel Watch 3)

What the fitbit model and garmin you're referring to. It'll be easier to show you the difference.

Fitbit Sense 2

Could I throw in the Vivoactive 5 as the cheaper end Garmin comparison? As it's the latest version of what I currently use and I get around 2 weeks 'general' use from it, less if i'm routinely tracking specific activities.

The Venu 3 would be the other obvious Garmin alternative albeit more expensive but claims similar long battery life.

Fitbit Sense 2
Had a quick look. Design looks OK but not a real fan of it. Much prefer the Pixel watch design and domed glass.

No Wi-Fi or access to play store? I have Spotify and my playlist downloaded to the watch when I'm out for a run with BT earphones.

Not used the sense 2 so in not sure weather the interface is as smooth and as slick. My guess is the more powerful SoC plays a big part on battery life.

Had a quick look. Design looks OK but not a real fan of it. Much prefer the Pixel watch design and domed glass.

No Wi-Fi or access to play store? I have Spotify and my playlist downloaded to the watch when I'm out for a run with BT earphones.

Not used the sense 2 so in not sure weather the interface is as smooth and as slick. My guess is the more powerful SoC plays a big part on battery life.
It doesn't support Spotify or 'app's per say no, but I almost always have my phone on me anyway since I realised on the Pixel watch release that I'd have to pay for another SIM if I wanted to take advantage of the eSIM in it. So personally, there's not much difference for me there, including apps, don't really use them on a watch.

Apart from that, it gets 'rich notifications' like the Pixel, tracks sleep, heart rate (and more accurately IMO) and gets on average 6 days of battery life, whilst feeling just as nippy to use and lighter on the wrist. It's also cheaper.

There's really no excuse for a 24h battery life when you're charging twice the price. I think Google shot themselves in the foot with Wear OS, it's just not optimised for battery life and probably never will be.

Having owned all the Pixels and currently a Pixel 8 pro and s24 Ultra , I've never been more underwhelmed .

This was all about Gemini, which I may add is still vastly inferior for a lot of these functions compared to Gpt4, Claude and Llama3, Google are massively playing catch up . I work in the field and do a fair bit of research.

Google has been trying to sell me a Gemini sub for months for £20 extra on top of the money I already pay for 2tb a year .

You won't need a Pixel 9 for any of this as it's already available as was badly demonstrated on the s24, also on the Pixel 8 pro.

Loved the satellite services only available in the US and still plugging the AI video capability that still hasn't been released.

£800 for the 9 pro XL any more is a rip off IMO

Last edited:
£392 trade in for an 8 pro, they don't want to incentivise pixel owners to upgrade. They could learn a thing or two from Samsung here

Back
Top Bottom