Google Pixel 9 Series (9/9 Pro/9 Pro XL/9 Pro Fold & Pixel Watch 3)

Slightly tempted by the new buds. Shame nothing is bundled or I guess there would have been some on the MM soon :(

Personally, it was about what I expected. There just isn't that much left to innovate IMO. I think all devices had spec bumps all round, what more are you really looking for?

Slightly tempted by the new buds. Shame nothing is bundled or I guess there would have been some on the MM soon :(

Personally, it was about what I expected. There just isn't that much left to innovate IMO. I think all devices had spec bumps all round, what more are you really looking for?

i wonder how much of the ai will work with them if not using a pixel 9 though ?

It's interesting they're adding a lot of software features to Fitbit/PW3, I went from a Galaxy Watch 4 -> PW2 -> Garmin Epix Pro Gen2 and I couldn't have been more disappointed with the PW2/Fitbit Premium setup. Basic doesn't even begin to describe the experience.

The article I read wasn't exactly clear on what changes have been made but they mentioned being able to plan workouts and have them pushed to the device, and offline Google maps. This does sound a lot like the ability to plan routes on Garmin Connect, but I wouldn't trust Google/Fitbit until it's reviewed, for one, Google Maps is pretty poor at anything off-road/trail related so I can't see how that'll work for planning runs etc.

Apparently I get just over £400 trade in with my 6 Pro if I go for the Fold. I'm actually really tempted to go for it but I want to wait for reviews. Apparently the promotional trade in offer ends on the 5th Sept based on the small print so assuming reviews are out on release day, it only leaves less than a day to take advantage of it.

The watch 3 doesn't excite me at all. I've been meaning to replace my ancient galaxy watch 3 but I have yet to find anything that interests me.

Last edited:
Has anybody traded in with Google before and used their finance which I believe is Klarna, can't seem to find how it works, do they refund the difference back to Klarna and it lowers the monthly fee or do they cash the money to your bank?

I see most if not all people are not happy with the pre-order bonuses this year, which I understand. Last year we got a watch, I think the year before it was sold headphones - But currently Google are offering the best trade-in value for older handsets.

Offering me over £200 for my Pixel 5. Which I paid £500 for 3 years ago. Not bad at all

For what reason? You don't need new things every year

Many reasons. They've gone backwards on the design, they've lost the iconic camera bar instead gone for a more generic bump. The whole design is meh.

They're charging absolute top prices for what is a mediocre SoC. When taking pics with my 8 pro I still see the processing wheel spin for far too long.

And at least add a 3x for street photography and portraits... on top of the 5x like all the proper flagships do. Add variable aperture to the main lens to mitigate the blur on close range shots... Given the prices they want now it's a lazy launch.

I see most if not all people are not happy with the pre-order bonuses this year, which I understand. Last year we got a watch, I think the year before it was sold headphones - But currently Google are offering the best trade-in value for older handsets.

Offering me over £200 for my Pixel 5. Which I paid £500 for 3 years ago. Not bad at all
I think it’s indicative of the perception of Google as a hardware company: “We’ll buy your stuff, but only if we get free stuff included”. And that’s on them tbf. When you start on that path and then take that away there will naturally be pushback.

Back
Top Bottom