Google Pixel 9 Series (9/9 Pro/9 Pro XL/9 Pro Fold & Pixel Watch 3)

If you have an 8/8 pro then there is literally zero reason to upgrade, cameras are essentially the same, battery is the same, screen is 0.1" bigger on the Pro XL than last year's pro.

The processor is less than 10% quicker than the G3....

Between the minimal changes and this release being mostly about AI which people generally don't care about along with a pretty hefty price increase there's not much incentive to change.

Also next year the chips are rumoured to be much better so I expect most are holding out for them.
Well the big reason coming from a 8 is to be able to get to a pro level phone that's not a two handed jobby, which is a massive thing in my eyes :)

the MKBHD camera test this Christmas is going to be highly contested.

Yeah, but again I feel like it's now down to personal taste rather than quality, certainly for the Samsung, apple and pixel flagships. All using forms of AI to apply certain filters based on there take of what it should look like.

Yeah, but again I feel like it's now down to personal taste rather than quality, certainly for the Samsung, apple and pixel flagships. All using forms of AI to apply certain filters based on there take of what it should look like.

Agreed. They are all really close, none are bad. iPhone video still is top tier.

Carphone Warehouse deal on the 9 Pro Fold looks pretty good actually.

£44.99 per month + £399 up front, 24 month contract.

Get £300 + trade in price back (£180 on my P7Pro) so £480 back + free pixel watch 2, gemini (who cares), fitbit and youtube etc.

Over the 2 years that's £998. Sell the watch and it's even less.

Even more tempted to try the Fold now. Only downside is delivery is Oct :(

Setup the pink pixel 9 and been using all day. Had to pop in the EE store and get a new sim. Moved back to physical one, transferring the esim failed multiple times.

Really liking it so far. The fingerprint reader is so much better and the phone haptics and general snappyness is surprisingly better than the 8. I was not really expecting a noticeable improvement on day to day app switching and use, but it is there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom