Google Pixel 9 Series (9/9 Pro/9 Pro XL/9 Pro Fold & Pixel Watch 3)

Where from please. That sounds like a great deal.

e2save have this deal although prices aren't quite as keen as yesterday's back holiday offers.

Their Vodafone unlimited plan (seems to be max plan so uncapped speeds) with £335 upfront at £30pm on the xl feels like the best deal around at the moment if you want vodafone + unlimited.

Seems to be across the board higher prices but enhanced trade in either via retailer or Google approved retailer; or lower price deals but no enhanced trade in.

For straight up purchase the Pixel 9 on voxi with 1 month rolling seems to be best esp as can spread on PayPal credit.

Last edited:
The larger size has put me off the Pro models, previously. Really pleased to be able to get the Pro features in a less HUGE device :)
Yeah not compact phone, but I'm on S23 Ultra so would be a decent downsize in dimensions, going to have a gander at some reviews.

Careful with the specs advertised on the Google Website, 1TB storage isn't available in any colourways. The porcelain and RQ colourways won't be available in anything more than 256Gb. You can get Hazel or OB and then use a colour case if you want / need 512Gb :D

This is honestly mindboggling, what on earth is the logic here?

Just moved to 9 Pro XL from 8 Pro.

Charging is a massive improvement. Maybe I had a dud, but my 8 Pro got hot during charging and throttled down significantly. The charging curve to 90% is much more aggressive in the 9 XL and runs at least 5 degrees cooler. 90% charge seems to be about 1 hours, and 65% in 30 minutes. Happy with that, but would still love 60w plus charging.

I doubt they will ever drastically increase charging rate. Keeping it conservative helps prolong battery lifetime, so with their latest phones having some longevity in mind now with the 7 years updates, I imagine they'll always be way behind the charging rate other brands push.
It won't look good if people purchase a phone with the intent on it lasting them more than 2-3 years, if in 2-3 years in their battery is barely lasting a morning.

Last edited:
I doubt they will ever drastically increase charging rate. Keeping it conservative helps prolong battery lifetime, so with their latest phones having some longevity in mind now with the 7 years updates, I imagine they'll always be way behind the charging rate other brands push.
It won't look good if people purchase a phone with the intent on it lasting them more than 2-3 years, if in 2-3 years in their battery is barely lasting a morning.
Batteries can be replaced.
But I agree the current charging speed is pretty decent.

ive had the 9 pro xl since launch and enjoying it so far. only had 1 weird issue which was after restarting the phone i went from 30% battery to 9% for no reason. i assume the phone was actually on 9% and just not showing correctly until i restarted.

Batteries can be replaced.
But I agree the current charging speed is pretty decent.

True, but I'd rather avoid the faff or at least push it much later rather than sooner.
You have the preceding 3+ months of frustration of an increasingly deteriorated battery, which necessitates more frequent charging sending it into nosedive, carrying a battery pack, before you eventually concede/are forced to get around to it.

I've deep discharged, fast charged, kept topped at 100% a few batteries to an early death, purely unintentionally - the phone supported it and the power supply could provide it, so it did it.
Anything they can do to avoid/delay deterioration and which doesn't impact usage is welcome, though I feel google make it harder than it needs to be. Give me a few key user configurable options over the routine learning stuff.

True, but I'd rather avoid the faff or at least push it much later rather than sooner.
You have the preceding 3+ months of frustration of an increasingly deteriorated battery, which necessitates more frequent charging sending it into nosedive, carrying a battery pack, before you eventually concede/are forced to get around to it.

I've deep discharged, fast charged, kept topped at 100% a few batteries to an early death, purely unintentionally - the phone supported it and the power supply could provide it, so it did it.
Anything they can do to avoid/delay deterioration and which doesn't impact usage is welcome, though I feel google make it harder than it needs to be. Give me a few key user configurable options over the routine learning stuff.
If it's there you don't have to use it. Just use a slower charger. But when you do need it it'll come in handy.

They should have a settings page where you can limit to 80% and also the choose the rate of charge. That'd mitigate most concerns.

Between the trade in offers and work discount + selling the free watch I'm getting the fold for less than the cost of the Pro XL. First foldable so I'm apprehensive but interested to see the tech, slab phones are same **** different year now, all very good and mature but just boring.

I've got to wait till 17th Oct to get mine though as Google won't ship the phone without the watch and they're out of stock of the watches at the minute :(

[Rant]

Such a faff on with O2 getting this device ordered! 3rd time lucky.

Placed an upgrade order on the 15th August for the 512Gb Pro XL which stated device delivery on 22nd Aug. No device delivered, no dispatch, nothing. Contacted O2 on 24th who told me it was a fault in the system and they would raise a ticket to correct the error with a 5 working day turnaround. I asked if there were in in stock in my local store and to just do a click & collect. got told my local branch had them in stock to collect next day. Next day the local store has no order, contacted the service desk who advised the 512Gb version is totally unavail with a 4 week wait and that the guy who processed the click & collect was wrong to say next day. I've dropped the device down to a 256Gb one which is avail same day and I've now had the notification that it's avail to collect from a local branch.

Absolute fart on, but never mind, it's sorted!

[/Rant]

Just got my £204 trade in for the pixel 3a.

Gotta say I was nervous reading the reviews, but all went smoothly. Posted it last Friday and money in my account today.

Back
Top Bottom