Google Pixel 9 Series (9/9 Pro/9 Pro XL/9 Pro Fold & Pixel Watch 3)

Have to say the design of the 9 is growing on me. But spec wise it's not a lot better than the 8. Still pleased I went with a deal on the 8 pro. Will keep an eye on the evolution of the pixel though and will probably skip a couple more gens before upgrading.

I caved and ordered a pro fold. Not had a foldable before so quite looking forward to it. Free watch too.

Either Google didn't expect to sell many of these or people have gone nuts ordering them as my ETA is now 17th October :(

I caved and ordered a pro fold. Not had a foldable before so quite looking forward to it. Free watch too.

Either Google didn't expect to sell many of these or people have gone nuts ordering them as my ETA is now 17th October :(
You’ve read about it not having same camera/features as the pro model yes? Also that it doesn’t have a vapour chamber like the other models.

From reading about it. There is nothing Pro about it. Nice play with words by Google.

You’ve read about it not having same camera/features as the pro model yes? Also that it doesn’t have a vapour chamber like the other models.

From reading about it. There is nothing Pro about it. Nice play with words by Google.
It has the same screen as the pro xl :p

But for me the fold is more of a flop.

Last edited:
The tech isn't quite there on folding phones if you ask me. Great idea in principle, but highly flawed at the moment.

Too thick and heavy, screen aspect not fully supported on all apps, hinges prone to wearing out and screens prone to fold creases.

Add to that the obscene pricing and it all adds up to a big no thanks from me.

I picked up a Pixel 8 in May (when on sale & inc the Watch 2) after breaking my S23 Ultra. Thinking it would only be a temp stop gap whilst I got it repaired, I have found the smaller form factor better so prob going to go 9 Pro Early Sept.

I prefer stock Google Android and find the camera better for every day point and click.

Back
Top Bottom