Google Pixel 9 Series (9/9 Pro/9 Pro XL/9 Pro Fold & Pixel Watch 3)

Ended up ordering the 9 pro in black from idMobile directly

£179 up front and £30 a month is hard to sniff at. I should get around £440 for my 246gb iPhone 13 Pro which makes it a tasty deal.

Now the question is what case to get?

I got the standard Google case and it's really nice feel in the hand. Also the mous ones have good reviews.

Pro 9 Fold arrived today, most things transferred over from the 6 Pro with no issues, just had to re-setup apps that don't sync (eg banking). Really liking it so far but will see how it goes over my usual usage.

Pro 9 Fold arrived today, most things transferred over from the 6 Pro with no issues, just had to re-setup apps that don't sync (eg banking). Really liking it so far but will see how it goes over my usual usage.
Is that on O2? I am with them and preordered but they've been a nightmare and no one seems to have actually got the phone!!

Is that on O2? I am with them and preordered but they've been a nightmare and no one seems to have actually got the phone!!
Nope. I went with Amazon since I already had a SIM only plan that was still in contract, and Google was out of stock during that time with the 512gb. I can still do the trade in but seems I have to wait for the 6th to start the process. Not the best deal but seeing as some back orders were being pushed to October, I wanted the phone to arrive earlier as I'll be on holiday during that month.

Last edited:
Nope. I went with Amazon since I already had a SIM only plan that was still in contract, and Google was out of stock during that time with the 512gb. I can still do the trade in but seems I have to wait for the 6th to start the process. Not the best deal but seeing as some back orders were being pushed to October, I wanted the phone to arrive earlier as I'll be on holiday during that month.
AHH ok lucky you!! Looks like a great phone, I'm still on the fold 5 until it comes.

Just watched the global launch of the Honor Magic V3. I don't trust Chinese software but my god is the hardware impressive.

It's beats all other foldables by some margin. Makes the P9PF and Z Fold look about 3 generations behind.

App compatibility doesn't look great on the Fold and based on one of the comments from an android dev it's not looking like it's going to get much better anytime soon :(

I haven't came across any weird issues yet. Granted I do use completely different apps (K-9 mail instead of Gmail, Boost instead of Reddit, etc.) and in YouTube's case, I'm already used to that weird layout since it's exactly the same as on my android tablet. Seems 3rd party apps do a better job supporting the fold style compared to official apps...

yep, there is a Global version now.
Hmm the Magic V3 is still thinner :D

As my P9PF order isn't coming till mid Oct I'll keep it open but I'm quite tempted to cancel and try the Magic V3. I get less and less excited each day by the P9PF now, especially after seeing so many issues on reddit and the fairly average reviews.

Hmm the Magic V3 is still thinner :D

As my P9PF order isn't coming till mid Oct I'll keep it open but I'm quite tempted to cancel and try the Magic V3. I get less and less excited each day by the P9PF now, especially after seeing so many issues on reddit and the fairly average reviews.
read this first: https://www.reddit.com/r/Honor/comm...=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

of course, no harm in trying it for your self and using the 14 day returns, doesnt ship out until 11th sept,

So my ee business deal offer on the 9 Pro Fold is offering significantly enhanced trade-ins.

Only applied as discounted rental so not cash back.

24 months for 9 Pro Fold (shipped to store by Friday)
Unlimited everything inc uncapped full speed data
£60 upfront then @£45pm inc VAT x24m

S23 Ultra is giving trade-in of £31pm discount (Pixel 8 trade-in is £27pm discount btw).

This is the business essentials plan.

If you qualify, that's some deal.

For a Pixel 9 Pro XL with same package and trade in its £30 upfront and £33.60pm inc VAT x24m

Just Google phones though with such hefty discounts. If I went for an S24 Ultra it's £60pm x 24 with same parameters. Galaxy Z Fold6 is £78pm.

Screenshot-20240901-182149.png

They are saying ship to store by Friday for me and in stock. Whilst that's ee business it's reasonable to assume retail stock available and shipping this week.
"business" deals are far too involved these days with HMRC clamping down on business contracts with personal use, it's not worth the risk.

You can still buy as a personal purchase but via the business portal btw

Anyway the good deals have now ended.
Yes, but then it can only ever be a personal contract, as business contracts have to be directly purchased through a contract in the business name. So may as well buy a personal contract and reclaim a proportion of business calls. Easier that way around.

App compatibility doesn't look great on the Fold and based on one of the comments from an android dev it's not looking like it's going to get much better anytime soon :(

It's weird to see people having so many issues on the Pixel. Why can Honor do a reasonably good job of resizing apps and Google can't, on their own OS? The V2 isn't perfect in this regard, but outside of games I have had very few issues with apps displaying incorrectly on the internal display.

Just watched the global launch of the Honor Magic V3. I don't trust Chinese software but my god is the hardware impressive.

It's beats all other foldables by some margin. Makes the P9PF and Z Fold look about 3 generations behind.
Mv3 is indeed impressive.
Makes Google's handware look and feel so mid tier. I mean the hinge on the left side of the screen is mad bulky and Wtf with the chonky bezels. 2 out of a a dozen examples of inferior hardware.

Back
Top Bottom