Google Pixel 9 Series (9/9 Pro/9 Pro XL/9 Pro Fold & Pixel Watch 3)

Just ordered the Pixel 8a 128GB for £198.99 with the Student Beans code. I can get the 256 GB for £258.99 and I'm thinking of cancelling the 128GB and getting the 256 GB version for the extra £60. Mostly thinking about trade in value for the future but I doubt it matters? Not that storage hungry anyway.

Just ordered the Pixel 8a 128GB for £198.99 with the Student Beans code. I can get the 256 GB for £258.99 and I'm thinking of cancelling the 128GB and getting the 256 GB version for the extra £60. Mostly thinking about trade in value for the future but I doubt it matters? Not that storage hungry anyway.
Trade ins don't value storage as much as you might think.

The Pixel 9, Pixel 9 Pro, and Pixel 9 Pro XL will become available on August 22. On the other hand, the Pixel 9 Pro Fold and Pixel Buds Pro 2 will only be out in September. September 26 for the Buds Pro 2, specifically. There isn't an exact date mentioned for the Fold.

Last edited:
This is what you have been waiting for

Hope you can trade-in any device like Samsung, not choose from a limited list

vZgIQMi.png

I saw leaked and unfortunately I forgot the source.. but these prices are a little eye watering for someone who has been a long time supporter from the nexus to pixel range..

I have a 7 now and I might just wait for the 8 to drop and get that as an upgrade instead..

Would quite like the 9, but I'm never paying a grand for a phone on principle, will just wait and pick one up from cex, unless there's an extravagantly good launch deal.

Would quite like the 9, but I'm never paying a grand for a phone on principle, will just wait and pick one up from cex, unless there's an extravagantly good launch deal.
Very true. The older ones not only had good pricing but some great launch deals. Got a pair of bose headphones and pixel buds pro.

Sounds increasingly likely that the Pixel 9 launch deals are just going to include a year of free AI instead of a watch / headphones etc. Couple that with the huge price hike the Pixel 9 is going to be a pretty hard sell! Very much hoping to be wrong!

Trade in price for my admittedly 3 year old, maybe 4 year old from release Galaxy S20 FE 5G is.... £60. I suspect I'll be just going for either a Galaxy S24 or a Pixel 8 Pro. Undecided as yet but the 8 Pro XL is £27pm whereas the S24 5G also comes with Buds2 Pros and is £23pm.

Last edited:
Trade in price for my admittedly 3 year old, maybe 4 year old from release Galaxy S20 FE 5G is.... £60. I suspect I'll be just going for either a Galaxy S24 or a Pixel 8 Pro. Undecided as yet but the 8 Pro XL is £27pm whereas the S24 5G also comes with Buds2 Pros and is £23pm.
2 very different size of phone.

Compare like for like screen sizes as they're different tiers.

Back
Top Bottom