Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Associate
I think I'm being dim, can't find anything, does anyone know how to raise or escalate a complaint with Google?

I want to know why they will only offer an XL in exchange for a standard pixel, when they have acknowledged the standard pixel is in stock. They keep repeating "it's current policy".

I know I should just let it go and take the refund, but it just seems so ridiculous I want an actual explanation.

Soldato
@Heinz57 if they're giving you a full refund and you want the same device, then why not just buy one of the Pixel phones that they have in stock? You are actually better off that way because if you take a replacement device then you will be left with the balance of your current warranty. A new handset will have its full 2 year warranty.

Associate
@Heinz57 if they're giving you a full refund and you want the same device, then why not just buy one of the Pixel phones that they have in stock? You are actually better off that way because if you take a replacement device then you will be left with the balance of your current warranty. A new handset will have its full 2 year warranty.

True, although it's only 3-4 months old so most of the warranty is there.

It's certainly the course I'd take if I had the choice. Unfortunately my sister bought it and has to authorise the refund - of course she's just gone to some remote part of Sri Lanka and by the time she gets back, I'll be away myself. Not Google's fault for that, but it wouldn't be a problem if they didn't have this weird policy.

Soldato
The Pixel XL is now £399 @ CPW. I'm looking to move to a bigger screen than the my Pixel and did have moderate intentions of buying the Pixel 2 XL... but it's twice the price for what? I just don't see the justification in another £400.

Soldato
ordered via EE with 20% discount worked out cheaper than buying outright as i needed to factor in a sim service of minimum £12 per month over 2years. total i am paying after £90 cashback from quidco is £1000 with BT sports, free home mini and 8gb of data.

if anyone wants my 20% code pm me is from myrewards via my work which is fairly generic in the corp world

Soldato
The Pixel XL is now £399 @ CPW. I'm looking to move to a bigger screen than the my Pixel and did have moderate intentions of buying the Pixel 2 XL... but it's twice the price for what? I just don't see the justification in another £400.

its personal choice i guess, a phone to some is just that, to others its a more. i have a pixel but upgrading to Pixel 2XL

however what i do is stagger 2 contracts so i get an upgrade every year and my wife who does not care gets my hand me downs

Soldato
its personal choice i guess, a phone to some is just that, to others its a more. i have a pixel but upgrading to Pixel 2XL

however what i do is stagger 2 contracts so i get an upgrade every year and my wife who does not care gets my hand me downs

That's not a bad idea, my wife is in iPhone 6s right now and couldn't care less when she upgrades. I could give her my Pixel and get a Pixel 2 XL on a 2 year contract, and then get her a new phone next year. Hmmm. I suppose the stumbling block would be tempting her away from Apple.

To be honest, I've got the cash for a Pixel 2 XL but it just doesn't seem value for money when I can get the previous model at half the price.

I'm totally undecided. :(

Soldato
I've just taken the plunge and bought a Pixel XL from CPW at £399. Delivered an hour ago, charges quick using my Macbook Pro USB-C charger which is a bonus. Not taken the original charger out of the box yet.

First impressions - it gets very hot loading up all the apps for the first time :D

Soldato
I've just taken the plunge and bought a Pixel XL from CPW at £399. Delivered an hour ago, charges quick using my Macbook Pro USB-C charger which is a bonus. Not taken the original charger out of the box yet.

First impressions - it gets very hot loading up all the apps for the first time :D

Yeah it does that then beds in

Soldato

Bought this morning. Delivery tomorrow. Went with a spigen case and ordered intelliglass screen protector.

Soldato
I've also gone for a generic tempered glass and a Spigen crystal case which is meant to be thin. Will be good to see how you get on. I'm still getting used to the fingerprint on the back, having come from iOS. It's annoying on a desk but really good when in your hand.

Soldato
Yesh seen the xl at £399.

How much was it originally? £700?

Currently using the oneplus 3. Thinking whether its worth changing.

Probably not given it's Snapdragon 820 vs 821 - barely any difference.

Think the retail price for the Pixel XL was £719 at the beginning but it just shows how much these things depreciate!

Associate
Probably not given it's Snapdragon 820 vs 821 - barely any difference.

Think the retail price for the Pixel XL was £719 at the beginning but it just shows how much these things depreciate!

I think the 821 in the Pixel is downclocked to 820 clockspeed even.... So there's probably no difference at all.

Soldato
I'm on the verge of buying the Pixel XL from CPW. Could someone advise on their experience of the returns policy when buying a handset online?

• Do I have 2 weeks from date of delivery to return it?
  • Can I return to a local store?
  • Will they charge me a re-stocking fee?

If I order today, I won't get my hands on it until next Monday as I'm not home until then. I just don't want to wait another week to buy it and risk missing the £399 deal.

Back
Top Bottom