• No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
What do you get for
Some FAQs

If already a Pro Subscriber - next 2 months free

If already been Pro but not resubbed - Renew your sub and it's free for 2 months.

If completely new to the platform - next 2 months free

So in conclusion - Free for all!
If you do not renew after the two months free trial - You're on Stadia Base and can continue to play the games you purchased and purchase future games.

What do you get for free? I assume i'd still need to buy at least one game?

Game prices are insane, baffled at how on Google think these are competitive prices. But as far as the service goes, I absolutely love it, I don’t have great internet, 28 down, and via the stadia app I changed it 720p quality (Stadia says 28 is good enough for 1080p but in my experience, it wasn’t) , and after some research I added a Stadia+ extension and download the Chrome Canary browser, and Grid was amazing, no noticeable input lag playing with a wired Xbox controller, I love the fact you just ‘claim’ a game and play, no downloads, no patches, just press a button and play.

There’s plenty about the service I don’t like, the game prices are unforgivable, the game library is tiny and Destiny2’s multiplayer lobbies were dead compared to the PC, and PC is pretty low compared to console apparently.

On the whole I’m impressed, I wish I had better internet, I would like to get the premier edition which comes with the Controller and Chromecast Ultra, but as it stands that would be completely pointless to me, Stadia is also lacking games, it need Fortnite, Minecraft, CoD etc, and due to the small instal base multiplayer is VERY small so crossplay is a must, which I believe Division2 has.

I’ve cancelled my Pro sub, and will continue to enjoy Destiny2 and Grid and play with my friends until it expires, and after that? I’ll miss it, but the limited game library and my crap internet makes the service sadly not for me.

Last edited:
Oh so i can actually try playing a game without it costing me any money at all?
Yes there’s games to play for free for the next 2 months.

You sign via the website using a Gmail account, you can cancel your sub instantly to ensure you get charged the monthly free when the 2 month trial is up.

Stadia is getting a lot of hate on the internet, but I’ve been really enjoying

Just completed Tomb Raider 2013. Very good experience, got 67% overall.

Still waiting for MK11 to go back on sale at £20.
Going to battle through Rise of the Tomb Raider next.

Don’t bother with the third tomb raider game, it’s rubbish.

Really? I thought it was meant to be one of the better ones.

StacksOnStacks is very fun for short bursts.

Splitlings I don'tnt understands but only spent 5 minutes with it

Gylt I want to finally give a go, only short but means to be a good exclusive.

Really? I thought it was meant to be one of the better ones.

StacksOnStacks is very fun for short bursts.

Splitlings I don'tnt understands but only spent 5 minutes with it

Gylt I want to finally give a go, only short but means to be a good exclusive.

Played them all, I think the 3rd is not as good as the others, but I still enjoyed it. I would defiantly give it a go.

Tried it again this time on my laptop set to 120hz and the experience was much better. It's only 15" so the compression artifacts were almost completely invisible and input lag very low when playing on a controller. Laptop was connected via ethernet cable and controller with usb so I've done everything I could to reduce lag and it worked.
There was occasional stutter when running display at 120hz compared to 60hz but the lag was largely reduced.
Image was quite soft in Destiny 2 as if it was using low quality TAA or lower resolution than 1080p.
Overall it wasn't bad actually.
Still very far quality and input lag wise even from my low power laptop (GTX 1060 3GB) when playing Destiny 2.

Last edited:
Tried it again this time on my laptop set to 120hz and the experience was much better. It's only 15" so the compression artifacts were almost completely invisible and input lag very low when playing on a controller. Laptop was connected via ethernet cable and controller with usb so I've done everything I could to reduce lag and it worked.
There was occasional stutter when running display at 120hz compared to 60hz but the lag was largely reduced.
Image was quite soft in Destiny 2 as if it was using low quality TAA or lower resolution than 1080p.
Overall it wasn't bad actually.
Still very far quality and input lag wise even from my low power laptop (GTX 1060 3GB) when playing Destiny 2.

Download Stadia+ unofficial Chrome extension and force VP9 and 4K resolution. Should help improve quality.

It seems that Destiny 2 on stadia can't run at constant 60fps or is running with unlocked framerate because it stutters like mad regardless of which codec or resolution is used.
Very soft image is still there even at 4K and lots of texture loss.
Geforce Now runs at constant 60fps and stays sharp while retaining texture details. (tho for some reason if a game has built in fps limiter it is always set to 70fps which is stupid because the stream runs at 60fps and that creates stutter as well but can be fixes by manually changing it to 60fps in game).
done a quick video showing stutter in stadia vs smooth playback in geforce now.

Had a bit of a play (10-15 minutes) on Destiny 2, it warned me my experience might not be perfect (using 5ghz wifi) and there was the odd stutter, but on the whole, its smooth and responsive enough, feels like a console.

Just the sparse library is the only thing holding it back, I would have absolutely no intention on buying digital editions of games on the platform, only to get access via a subscription.

Back
Top Bottom