Votes: 20 5.3%
  • Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
I still don't understand why anyone would choose stadia over Geforce Now..?
Nvidias offering is cheaper, the games perform much better (if you don't fall for the 4K marketing gimmick which is actually lower bitrate than Geforce now at 1080p) you can change graphics settings to your liking, you can use your current library of games and buy new ones at much cheaper prices than stadia.
Stadia on PC requires faster machine from my experience than Geforce now as I tried both at work on i3 haswell and while Geforce now worked fine stadia was completely unplayable with input lag over 1000ms (using fibre optic leased line).
The only thing that stadia has going for it is better UI.

No issues that I've witnessed on Stadia, it so far looks and feels decent enough. Although, I don't use it as my main platform but I don't mind Stadia at all.

Just needs a bigger playerbase but the cross play and cross save on the division 2 is promising if more do it.

Edit...
Goes without saying but... Obviously this type of thing is always going to be based on how good your own network is and just because it works now doesn't mean it'll work later without issue and vice versa.

Last edited:
Bizarrely my loaner work laptop, surface pro, is playing Stadia better over WiFi than my gaming pc.. I don’t get it.

Ordered a premier edition with Chromecast ultra and controller, Stadia has completely won me over, if this thing got a large game library and all the multiplatform games with crossplay... I can honestly say that Stadia would be my go to platform

Guys just give Geforce Now a go and compare Destiny 2 to the one on Stadia.
Remember to go in to game settings and lock it to 60fps.
You can run it at 50mbps at 1080p (stadia does 35-40mbps at 4K) so it retains sharp picture and retains textures details nicely.
And it runs 100% smooth with steady 60fps where stadia constantly stutters.
Also you can set your desired fov.
It's just way better....

Ive just used Geforce Now on my Nvidia Shield tv and it works ok but nowhere near as smooth as my Stadia through Chromecast Ultra (set at balanced) so it looks like im having the oppsosite results. Both wired direct to router superfast fibre 80.
Both services have their issues, the games i tested where Destiny2 and Tomb Raider.
It was nice to see a bunch of free to stream games built in for Shield tv users :)

Thought that they would put a AAA on for the next Pro game to hook people in after their two months are up.

Also thought there would be info about Doom 2016, but I think that's long gone now.

Very nice to see PUBG on now. Had a few hours in it tonight and works great on CCU. Draw distance is a bit low. Never played it on PC so not sure how it compares but it's miles better than on Xbox One S

Just tried destiny via chrome on mac and a wired Nintendo Switch Pro controller and it was good most of the time but far too many occurrences of glitching and severe delay and lag.

Guys just give Geforce Now a go and compare Destiny 2 to the one on Stadia.
Remember to go in to game settings and lock it to 60fps.
You can run it at 50mbps at 1080p (stadia does 35-40mbps at 4K) so it retains sharp picture and retains textures details nicely.
And it runs 100% smooth with steady 60fps where stadia constantly stutters.
Also you can set your desired fov.
It's just way better....
I was in the Geforce Now beta for about 18 months, not a fan, Destiny 2 looks better on GFN than Stadia, the Stadia versions seem to have a strange AAA effect, which is noticeable when you 1st start the game.

I have seen any of the stuttering you mention on surface pro, (my gaming PC however is awful on Stadia, and I have no idea why..) and playing Stadia on the Stadia Controller and Chromecast completely eliminates any minor noticeable input lag that I have while using M/K on chrome.

Having used both services, Stadia wins, and wins comfortably too

Last edited:
I have a fair few hours on PUBG on steam, but quit because of the amount of cheating, Playing it on Stadia, which is crossplay with consoles, when using a controller, has completely hooked me back in again.

Also Fifa, Star Wars and other unannounced EA game due this year, and an exclusive title to look forward too.

I think it’s about time people take notice of the platform.

I think I’ll put my GPU upgrade purchase on hold.. Stadia is definitely here to stay

Last edited:
Just tried destiny via chrome on mac and a wired Nintendo Switch Pro controller and it was good most of the time but far too many occurrences of glitching and severe delay and lag.
There been quite a few comments on this from MAC users on the Stadia sub reddit.

Turn off location settings, that’s supposed to help

that seems to have completely fixed it! Thanks. If only you could make destiny 2 less grindy and repetitive
Your welcome, glad it helped, I had no idea what I was doing on Destiny 2, I used it for troubleshooting and never bothered with it again..

PUBG, The Division 2 and GRID has been taking up my free time

NBA 2K20 is £2.40 at the moment-could be a misprice but rude not to pick it up for that.

Doom 64 is £3.99 as well so on par with everywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom