GoPro 3

Associate
It doesn't come with a wifi remote, no box. Well not shown in picture.

I can't see a difference between the colours are they all not black with a silver front?

Soldato
It doesn't come with a wifi remote, no box. Well not shown in picture.
Not much point in paying for a black if it's not got the remote IMO. Remote is a good £50+ (most are about £70+ new).

I can't see a difference between the colours are they all not black with a silver front?
Correct. No physical difference as far as I know, just features.

Associate
See I've got a black already and a remote, I'd only be tempted to sell the remote if it did come with one.

Now I need to find out how to identify a black from a silver. Wonder if there's anything in the camera software itself

Last edited:
Associate
Thinking of getting one of these shortly, seen the silver 3+ is going for £180 new from a reputable (Yes I know :p) eBay shop, plenty of people on HUKD claiming to have bought from there.

Is there any point looking at alternatives or do GoPro really still dominate the market?

Associate
Went and picked up my second Hero3, haggled owner down to £160 felt as if I was robbing him!

20140304_222633.jpg

Arsenal is slowly growing

Soldato
Might be a Hero 4 Silver but I'm sure someone can help...

Main issue is to do with GoPro Studio. I insert my SD card (32gb) that will have a short recording I've done (1080p 60fps) and and Importer goes ahead and successfully does so.

However upon going into Studio and the 'View and Trim' bit I get this saying I can't view it because it's unsupported or corrupt.

RCF4IoQ.jpg

The file plays fine in VLC so there's no issue with it there, and if I add it to the conversion list it'll go to the next step and convert to a .MOV without a problem. So why can't I view the original file in view and trim? Bit baffled if I'm honest! Any help would be much appreciated from this poor sucker who's no idea what he's doing.

Also for some reason my videos are saving in my 'pictures' folder, any idea why? Didn't point them there, that's for sure.

THANKS!

Caporegime
Off skiing at the end of the week and might end up borrowing two GoPros :D (a Hero 4 Black and unsure of the other one). Any way, first question. I assume if I get holiday gadget insurance - I don't have to own the item myself (not keen on taking either without some sort of insurance).

Next question. I won't be taking a computer with me and there might be a chance I burn through the memory cards quickly. I have bought a USB OTG memory stick which has an SD and microSD card reader. So I *should* be able to take videos off the GoPro's microSD cards and transfer to my DSLR SD card and Note 4's internal memory/microSD card? Can you use the microSD cards in the GoPro in FAT32 format as Android will only read in that format? Thanks :)

Soldato
Next question. I won't be taking a computer with me and there might be a chance I burn through the memory cards quickly. I have bought a USB OTG memory stick which has an SD and microSD card reader. So I *should* be able to take videos off the GoPro's microSD cards and transfer to my DSLR SD card and Note 4's internal memory/microSD card? Can you use the microSD cards in the GoPro in FAT32 format as Android will only read in that format? Thanks :)
How much a chance? Unless you're recoding every single trip to gondola and every chair lift (no-one cares) then you wont.
Depends how long a video you're going to be taking as the F32 file size limit will be 4gb. I don't see why you need to format it to Fat32, surely you just stick it in the USB OTG thingy and transfer?

What size cards are you taking? I've never managed to fill a 64gb card to be honest.

Caporegime
Fair enough :) - I have never used a GoPro so probably overestimating a little.

I hopefully want to take lots of different types of shots/angles (likely to use 1080p60 for the action and maybe some 4K here and there) for the videos.

The reason with F32, I will be using my Note 4 as a middle man to transfer the files (if I need to) and read that it will only deal with F32. Apparently GoPros will split >4GB files?

Hero 4 Black - think it's a 32GB
Unknown GoPro - no idea
DSLR SD card - 32GB
Note 4 - 64GB minus all of my films/shows I will take on the trip.

Perhaps overkill :D:p

Soldato
Fair enough :) - I have never used a GoPro so probably overestimating a little.

I hopefully want to take lots of different types of shots/angles (likely to use 1080p60 for the action and maybe some 4K here and there) for the videos.

The reason with F32, I will be using my Note 4 as a middle man to transfer the files (if I need to) and read that it will only deal with F32. Apparently GoPros will split >4GB files?

Hero 4 Black - think it's a 32GB
Unknown GoPro - no idea
DSLR SD card - 32GB
Note 4 - 64GB minus all of my films/shows I will take on the trip.

Perhaps overkill :D:p

You'll get about an hour on 32Gb at 4k, 2 at 1080p60 (~90 mins if you use ProTune)

I usually find that a 32Gb is a decent card as it lasts about as long as a battery does. I usually try to take 3 of each with me if I'm out all day, never used more than 2 though and that was a lot of shooting.

Back
Top Bottom