Got knocked off my motorbike today!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
You got lucky there mate as it was glancing, If she had got further out you would have t boned her.
Good vid & cute yelp an all. :D

I screamed NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO then it was SPLATT :p

Soldato
Sorry to see you got knocked off, obviously, but I'm reminded of the last video that you uploaded where you nearly did the same thing to a van....

Soldato
Did you ever end up on your arse?? You appear to be standing pretty much the entire way!

Glad you're not too seriously hurt though dude. Hopefully insurance will be painless!

Associate
OP
Sorry to see you got knocked off, obviously, but I'm reminded of the last video that you uploaded where you nearly did the same thing to a van....

Did you even watch the video I posted? It was nothing similar to me lane splitting, she literally smashed into me! No co-incidence what so ever.

Cheers everyone for your kind words!
No biking confidence knocked, looking forward to getting it sorted and getting back out on the road for the bike meet hopefully ;)

Associate
Sheesh! That's pretty impressive blindness, though maybe less surprising than it should be.

As mentioned, did bottom touch ground or was it more of a hop skip and jump to 'safety'?

It was also nice to see some people (hopefully) helping.

Associate
OP
Sheesh! That's pretty impressive blindness, though maybe less surprising than it should be.

As mentioned, did bottom touch ground or was it more of a hop skip and jump to 'safety'?

It was also nice to see some people (hopefully) helping.

I did hit the ground with a fair whack but I jumped straight up again (more to get out of the way of any danger).

They were a great help and a couple picked my bike up out of the path and others left their details as witnesses.

Caporegime
clearly an utter **** that believes they have right of way based on the size of the vehicle they are driving compared to your bike.
Clearly assume you would stop for some bizarre reason and allow the uturn without giving you any warning.

but atleast you got it on camera and you arent a bloody mess on the pavement

Soldato
I actually shifted out of my seat when watching in reaction to her turn! Glad you're ok.

Best cut out the first few seconds of that video unless you're in a 40 mph limit though. Nothing wrong with the speed at the point of the accident.

Associate
Good god mate that's insane your shadow says it all! glad your good though think ill look out for BMW's in the future :D

1:08 makes me laugh when you ask her what she was thinking and she says "I Just took" stops and finally gets through to 999 was blatently going to end "my eyes off the road for a second" or something along those lines, Good job you were wearing your gear!

Last edited:

dsb

dsb

Associate
Glad your ok the bike can be fixed or replaced. Have you still got the vstrom?

Hope you have it sorted in time for the meet.

Associate
OP
I actually shifted out of my seat when watching in reaction to her turn! Glad you're ok.

Best cut out the first few seconds of that video unless you're in a 40 mph limit though. Nothing wrong with the speed at the point of the accident.

I got to all of about 35mph for a second until i slowed down to 30 again straight after so i think it'll be ok.
My solicitor has seen the video and says its alright lol.

Associate
How you managed to jump off the way you did is amazing lol. Hope alls ok, now begins the dull as dishwater legal proceedings etc. Im still sorting mine out over a month later.

Get on to the doctors and make sure all is OK and dont be afraid to take time off if needs be mate.

Back
Top Bottom