Government launches 'preppers' website

Caporegime
I have my plan.
It's a good plan.
It involves raiding my dad's gun case and nicking the boat keys.
Probably best kept quiet in case anybody else thinks of it (highly unlikely)...

We have something similar local but it has been taken over by birds now and nowhere near as glamourous.

Outer_Trial_Bank_%28aerial%29.jpg

Soldato
We have something similar local but it has been taken over by birds now and nowhere near as glamourous.

Outer_Trial_Bank_%28aerial%29.jpg

Great if you like to catch'n'cook, but I've had to take a slightly pragmatic approach and find a Zombie-proof fortress with a well stocked bar and an accessible toilet, with easy access to the M27 for Costco raids.

If anyone wants to join my family on the first bug-out helicopter evacuation, send me a private chat with a CV of your survival skills...

(...must have own helicopter).

Caporegime
Great if you like to catch'n'cook, but I've had to take a slightly pragmatic approach and find a Zombie-proof fortress with a well stocked bar and an accessible toilet, with easy access to the M27 for Costco raids.

If anyone wants to join my family on the first bug-out helicopter evacuation, send me a private chat with a CV of your survival skills...

(...must have own helicopter).

I have unlimited access to Potatoes and have watched the Martian so know how to grow them using nothing but human faeces.

Soldato
If you haven't started with your survival kit yet, better get on with it as you've only got a few weeks!

Kushal Kumar has said that "June 18, 2024, has the strongest planetary stimulus to trigger World War 3 although June 10 and 29 may have a say as well."

:p

Soldato
I've got access to a warehouse full of food, and am in control of the door access control system... Muhahaha.

(Also a generator and sufficient diesel to power the site for a not inconsiderable length of time)
I have the keys to the store of work toilet rolls amongst other things... never had to worry during the pandemic.. bring on the apocalypse.. haha

Soldato
prepping for what ? labour - what I originally expected thread to be about

Headteachers have told The Telegraph that parents are already cancelling places for September amid fears Labour will be in power before the start of the school holidays.

Others are rushing to pay fees in advance, following news that the poll will be held on July 4 rather than in the autumn as previously expected

Savers are draining their pension pots to avoid Labour taxes ahead of the general election, advisers have said.

In withdrawing their pensions before they need them savers are incurring income tax charges in order to avoid a looming Labour raid.

Soldato
I don't get the negativity in this thread, I guess it's just become "fashionable" to be anti anything the government says.
People scoff at the idea of this. However, I see nothing wrong with being prepared for an emergency situation. People always go to worst case scenario (nukes), but being prepared to be self sufficient for a few days/weeks just incase there is a disruption in supply, lock down, natural disaster like flooding, or other extreme weather event, all of which has happened in recent years and with the way the world is going will likely happen again with more frequency.
It isn't stupid it's common sense and something most people will already be doing without thinking. The government are just bringing it to peoples attention. I've usually got about a weeks worth of shelf stable food and bottled water and essentials at any one time, plus a load of freezer based food. That's not me being a "prepper" that's just because I like to have a good buffer incase I'm too busy and don't have the time or I can't be bothered to go shopping. It serves a dual purpose though and I can be comfortable knowing I'll be covered incase of any emergencies or disruption of supply.

I just find people's reaction to this incredibly amusing.

Associate
I think most people fail to comprehend the scale of all out nuclear war. The two that were dropped on Japan in 1945 were primitive by today’s technology and killed roughly 200,000 people. Even the U.K.’s small arsenal of 225 nukes could make The world unrecognisable and make the living envy the dead. America and Russia have around 10,000 in total. It’s rumoured that Russia’s latest poseidon nukes are 100 megaton and their subs can carry six at a time. Scary times

Last edited:
Associate
I think most people fail to comprehend the scale of all out nuclear war. The two that were dropped on Japan in 1945 were primitive by today’s technology and killed roughly 200,000 people. Even the U.K.’s small arsenal of 225 nukes could make The world unrecognisable and make the living envy the dead. America and Russia have around 10,000 in total. It’s rumoured that Russia’s latest poseidon nukes are 100 megaton and their subs can carry six at a time. Scary times

Mad pretty much renders nuclear weapons mute

Soldato
The government has released guidelines on the Gov website for us to store 'Emergency supplies' in case of a national Crisis.

Obviously we take what the government say with a pinch of salt, but thinking back to the early days of the pandemic whereby there was a breakdown in the supply chain, where we saw supermarket shelves empty and now to present day where we are constantly reminded with the threat of WW3. Is it time to start keeping a certain amount of supplies on hand just in case?

Is now the time to take it a little bit more seriously?

I know the below is a DM link, but this has also been reported on other news outlets which sit behind a paywalls.

Also Gov link- Credit to Armageus https://prepare.campaign.gov.uk/get-prepared-for-emergencies/

No.

The problem is that given any serious national crisis, 20 packs of toilet paper won't cut it. You need months of food and water. In particular, the water will take up a LOT of space. I mean, if we are talking WW3 then you need years of food and water and what does it really matter? You are going to die anyway, having food just makes it drag out. Nope. The truth is that only the people who have access to bunkers will survive WW3, and even then, for what? There won't be anything left when they emerge. Best to run towards the explosion, not away!

• Haha
Reactions: RxR
Associate
OP
No.

The problem is that given any serious national crisis, 20 packs of toilet paper won't cut it. You need months of food and water. In particular, the water will take up a LOT of space. I mean, if we are talking WW3 then you need years of food and water and what does it really matter? You are going to die anyway, having food just makes it drag out. Nope. The truth is that only the people who have access to bunkers will survive WW3, and even then, for what? There won't be anything left when they emerge. Best to run towards the explosion, not away!
I want to survive just so i can be one of those Vendors like what you see in the division games. ill sell LTT backpacks as legendary items

Back
Top Bottom