• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

Caporegime
No ways about it, PC, Xbox, PS all have their pluses and minuses and some of the exclusives on PS4 make me want to get one (God of War for one). I don't fault anyone who goes from PC to Console and vice versa and in an ideal world, we would have all of them but a console for me would spend too much time gathering dust, so not really justifiable for me. I bought a PS3 for Gran Turismo alone and played that for quite a few hours and never used it again.

Soldato
No ways about it, PC, Xbox, PS all have their pluses and minuses and some of the exclusives on PS4 make me want to get one (God of War for one). I don't fault anyone who goes from PC to Console and vice versa and in an ideal world, we would have all of them but a console for me would spend too much time gathering dust, so not really justifiable for me. I bought a PS3 for Gran Turismo alone and played that for quite a few hours and never used it again.

£300 for some of the best games should be justifiable lol. Just pocket change compared to some of your graphics cards. My ps4 does gather dust but when the right game comes out it's always worth having.

Soldato
Argh now you're all making me want a PS4 again. I really want to play some of those games that you cant get on PC but a Switch would suit me better at the moment as I wont have access to my PC for a couple of months, hmm

Caporegime
£300 for some of the best games should be justifiable lol. Just pocket change compared to some of your graphics cards. My ps4 does gather dust but when the right game comes out it's always worth having.
You are quite right but I struggle with time as it is to game on PC, let alone on console also. I think a divorce would be thrown at me and no way I can afford that :D

Soldato
Care to name some? I can't think of one PS4 exclusive that has come to the PC. Most that are on the PC were never going to be PS4 exclusives, more like timed console exclusives. This is the exact reason I own a PS4 Pro, ie Last of Us, God of War, SoC, Uncharted series, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn - the list goes on.

indeed. I "only" have 15 games for my pro, but everyone is an "only on playstation" exclusive (but that is because they are almost invariably better on pc and usually cheaper too, so i deliberately buy exclusives on the ps4.

xbox on the other hand..... only single digits worth talking about are exclusive and my understanding is going forward the number will be smaller still as all the previously exclusive IP such has halo / forza / Gears will now all come to the PC.

I think it is sort of like, Playstation is a console, but Xbox is a gaming platform, and NOT just a console.... my windows 10 PC IS XBOX certified to all intents and purposes, only i do not have to pay for online.

bru

bru

Soldato
Your arguing about PS4 exclusives that are on the PC, surely as soon as they are on the PC as well they are no longer PS4 exclusives.;)

Soldato
Care to name some? I can't think of one PS4 exclusive that has come to the PC. Most that are on the PC were never going to be PS4 exclusives, more like timed console exclusives. This is the exact reason I own a PS4 Pro, ie Last of Us, God of War, SoC, Uncharted series, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn - the list goes on.

Tales of Zesteria PS3+PS4+Windows
Tales of Berseria PS3+PS4+Windows
FF7 Remake PS4 timed exclusive later to PC
Dragon Quest 11 PS4 + Windows (later switch release)
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 + Windows (later switch release)
I Am Setsuna PS4 + Windows (later switch release)
Nioh PS4 + Windows
Nier: Automata PS4 + Windows
Disgaea 5 PS4 + Windows (later switch)
FFX FFX-2 HD Remaster PS3 + PS4 + Windows
FF12 Zodiac Age PS2 + PS4 + Windows
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered PS4 + Windows (switch in 2018)
World of Final Fantasy PS4+Windows
Megadimension Neptunia VII PS4+Windows

Thats not a complete list but I hope big enough to see what I mean.

In the PS3 era much more JRPGs didnt make it to PC.

Associate
Those are not exclusive games, if the xbox sold more in japan then all of those would be on it too. Real ps4 exclusives are the first/second party stuff.

Associate
Tales of Zesteria PS3+PS4+Windows
Tales of Berseria PS3+PS4+Windows
FF7 Remake PS4 timed exclusive later to PC
Dragon Quest 11 PS4 + Windows (later switch release)
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 + Windows (later switch release)
I Am Setsuna PS4 + Windows (later switch release)
Nioh PS4 + Windows
Nier: Automata PS4 + Windows
Disgaea 5 PS4 + Windows (later switch)
FFX FFX-2 HD Remaster PS3 + PS4 + Windows
FF12 Zodiac Age PS2 + PS4 + Windows
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered PS4 + Windows (switch in 2018)
World of Final Fantasy PS4+Windows
Megadimension Neptunia VII PS4+Windows

Thats not a complete list but I hope big enough to see what I mean.

In the PS3 era much more JRPGs didnt make it to PC.
Those games aren't exclusives though. Exclusives are essentially from first party studios (e.g Uncharted, God of War) or paid for to remain exclusive (eg. Metal Gear Solid 4, Bloodbourne). You're not comparing like with like. It's sensible to own a Playstation console and a PC if you're a gamer because there tend to be a great deal fewer true exlcusives that you'd miss out on thanks to the Xbox platform crossing over with Windows.

Soldato
Umm exclusives dont need to be first party, thats news to me.

How do you know none of the above games are paid for to be exclusive? Sony only really cares about the xbox as a rival not the PC. Also most of the above list the PC release was delayed so the PS4 had timed exclusivity.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom