• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

Soldato
I was very tempted by this, the most tempted i've been for a long time, but i came to the conclusion that i don't need it, as my 970 4GB is still doing awesome, plus the only latest titles i've played was Far Cry 5 and Battlefront 2 and that was at maximum settings at 1080p for both.
Good lad ;) im on a r9 fury and play mainly older titles and its fine for me :p
I would rather spend my money on holidays than overpriced gpu's

Permabanned
indeed. I "only" have 15 games for my pro, but everyone is an "only on playstation" exclusive (but that is because they are almost invariably better on pc and usually cheaper too, so i deliberately buy exclusives on the ps4.

xbox on the other hand..... only single digits worth talking about are exclusive and my understanding is going forward the number will be smaller still as all the previously exclusive IP such has halo / forza / Gears will now all come to the PC.

I think it is sort of like, Playstation is a console, but Xbox is a gaming platform, and NOT just a console.... my windows 10 PC IS XBOX certified to all intents and purposes, only i do not have to pay for online.

That's what I've done too, I grabbed a PS4 a couple of months back and so far only have 4 exclusives for it. My hope is that like you said Xbox exclusives will also be on PC in the future, It's mainly Halo I want to see on the Windows store as I've never had any Xbox or played any of them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Time to bite on the 1080? Want to water cool it and need one soon, not sure I can wait for 6-8 weeks minimum?

If you can't wait buy. If you can wait, wait. Not being flippant but it's always best to wait, but if you keep on waiting you'll never get to enjoy a purchase :)

I personally think we could see significant drops. From the rumours they have a lot of stock to shift. The less people buy, the lower the price will go.

If the 1080ti drops silly low I'll bite. But given that you're likely going to get ti performance for *70/*80 price next year, I'll be waiting; I'm in no rush.

Man of Honour
If you can't wait buy. If you can wait, wait. Not being flippant but it's always best to wait, but if you keep on waiting you'll never get to enjoy a purchase :)

I personally think we could see significant drops. From the rumours they have a lot of stock to shift. The less people buy, the lower the price will go.

If the 1080ti drops silly low I'll bite. But given that you're likely going to get ti performance for *70/*80 price next year, I'll be waiting; I'm in no rush.

I think if the Ti dropped to around £500 I'd pick one up now, wonder if they'll do another price drop really soon?

Soldato
i *slmost* nabbed that EVGA £650 deal - elsewhere - with a game last week... i probably would have if the crew had been a game i wanted to buy.

i know i will get buyers remorse if i buy now however when in 3 months or so the 1180 comes out.

Man of Honour
nVidia seem to have the full range of cards in stock now at their store. Been that way for a few days now.

Just noticed that NVidia have increased the price of the Titan V by another £100, this is probably a hint that there are no next gen cards arriving anytime soon if they are confident in selling the Volta card at a higher price.

Soldato
Just noticed that NVidia have increased the price of the Titan V by another £100, this is probably a hint that there are no next gen cards arriving anytime soon if they are confident in selling the Volta card at a higher price.

Still $2999 on Nvidia's US store, UK price may have changed due to exchange rate.

Man of Honour
Still $2999 on Nvidia's US store, UK price may have changed due to exchange rate.

NVidia don't normally adjust prices much for the exchange rate fluctuations on their Titan cards, their pricing normally reflects marketing strategy which makes me think they intend to sell the Titan V for quite a bit longer.

Soldato
They have gone up in Euros too, I am not sure when NVidia increased it but they have added 100 Euros to the price since launch.

Maybe they are having additional costs for non US$ markets that were unexpected at the time it launched. The only price that actually matters is the US$, since that is the global currency for all things computer related, coming out of China/Taiwan/U.S.A. so if the USD price has stayed the same, then as far as Nvidia is concerned the price has remained static.

Man of Honour
Maybe they are having additional costs for non US$ markets that were unexpected at the time it launched. The only price that actually matters is the US$, since that is the global currency for all things computer related, coming out of China/Taiwan/U.S.A. so if the USD price has stayed the same, then as far as Nvidia is concerned the price has remained static.

You are ignoring my original point that NVidia have increased the price in the UK and Europe, this is not the actions of a vendor trying to shift excess stock to make room for a newer architecture.

Back
Top Bottom