• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU PRICES: SOME BIG DROPS AT OcUK!!!

Associate
I am afraid not, at £529.99 we make under 5%, were literally just trying to force UK market prices lower and in return force board partners to also lower their prices, its not great for us as were making around 5% on graphics cards at the moment, but we made some nice margin in the past and we have the rest of our business to fall back on.

So right now our cost is above £500 landed on a VEGA 56, so to hit £400, well you do the sums, I don't mind loosing a couple of quid on some cards to do deals, but we can't swallow over £100 per card loss, we'd just send the stock back for credit before we do that.

We are pushing board partners very hard to reduce prices, the fact were now at MSRP or below on a lot of NVIDIA cards, just pushing board partners very hard now to push 1070 and 1070Ti lower as those are still a little inflated.

I can't see us seeing much under MSRP or prices of Black Friday, simply as the cost are now much higher due to the memory prices going up, I have even asked AMD to re-activate their $100 sell out APA's they gave us on VEGA cards as that would knock a good chunk of cash of those, but so far they have declined to do so.

Its quite hard, because were now so aggressive on price, we've also seen some miners ordering again, so the miners are also still watching and for some I guess they are still making profits or making a gamble.

That makes sense, thanks for taking the time to write the update. I will wait for a future deal. Still bitting myself over not pulling the trigger during black friday :D.

OcUK Staff
OP
That makes sense, thanks for taking the time to write the update. I will wait for a future deal. Still bitting myself over not pulling the trigger during black friday :D.

I did warn everyone on those deals, that they would be the last ever VEGA deals and you'd never see them so cheap again. We were selling them so fast at £500, we smashed them to £400 just because we could and wanted to give everyone a chance to grab an epic bargain, as we could have sold them all at £500

Associate
I did warn everyone on those deals, that they would be the last ever VEGA deals and you'd never see them so cheap again. We were selling them so fast at £500, we smashed them to £400 just because we could and wanted to give everyone a chance to grab an epic bargain, as we could have sold them all at £500
Oh Yes that is totally my fault I just couldn't resolve myself to buy a blower cooler again. In retrospect it would have been cheaper to install an after market cooling solution myself :D.

Associate
Who on Earth wants to buy 100 GPU's for £25k at this stage?

They must have almost free electricity and an already massive farm/pool or their ROI would be huge.

There is also the issue that RX580's are on their way to becoming a bit obsolete.

Rup

Rup

Associate

They must have almost free electricity and an already massive farm/pool or their ROI would be huge.

There is also the issue that RX580's are on their way to becoming a bit obsolete.
As Vega does twice the hash of 580 you’d be mad to buy 580 at £300 and not vega at @530. And less power too.

Soldato
Well these were very obvious calling in and wanting 100+ RX580, which we allowed as we've got plenty of RX 580 on hand now and our prices are the cheapest out there, hence why for us those are selling very well indeed.
1080Ti, 1070Ti, 1070 were still doing no mining deals on, strictly 1 per customer as stock is still very tight on those.

I'm curious, what happens in terms of support from OcUK on these types of orders? For example after 29 days they decide that it's not profitable so try sending all 100 back.

Soldato
I'm curious, what happens in terms of support from OcUK on these types of orders? For example after 29 days they decide that it's not profitable so try sending all 100 back.

Failing that theyll prob dump them all on ebay as BNIB at more than ocuk are selling them for.

OcUK Staff
OP

We know they are miners, if they try to return stock, we shall do as we are legally allowed and hit them with the maximum restocking fee, simple fact is we've had no miners attempt to return cards to us who have purchased in volume. No idea what they are mining or why for OcUK at least 580 is still so damn popular.

Caporegime

The Chinese :p Once they get to 51% of the mining power, aren't all the Bitcoins belong to them? Or something. I read it in the DM. :p

Caporegime
What are you babbling about man?
If most people sell up but one actor keep increasing his mining capacity (even at a loss), then once he reaches 51% of the mining power I thought he then effectively had control over the whole thing.

I don't know how, why or any of the details, so don't ask me :p Ask someone who knows what they're talking about :p

Associate

This guy tells AMD to be open and need to develop better stuff?
I can't help but think gamers have shot themselves in the foot a bit with this.
Even when AMD were ahead people still bought nVidia.

If most people sell up but one actor keep increasing his mining capacity (even at a loss), then once he reaches 51% of the mining power

Yes there are potential problems if any one group obtains 51% or more of hashing power. It's already happened a few times. I think it makes manipulation much easier for that group, a bit like a monopoly. They can prevent other people from making coins by prioritising all their transactions first.

Last edited:
Associate
Any chance of some deals on the 580s again? I noticed the large tax sceptic company has stock and much cheaper on most models, the nitro special edition for instance is £180 cheaper. Would prefer to use ocuk though!

OcUK Staff
OP
Any chance of some deals on the 580s again? I noticed the large tax sceptic company has stock and much cheaper on most models, the nitro special edition for instance is £180 cheaper. Would prefer to use ocuk though!

That is clearly a price error by them, just look at the prices of the regular nitro edition 8G is £50 more and the 4G is same price. Its an error, so go take advantage as that price is below current cost or they have found a load of old stock in their warehouse at older pricing.

Our best offers are on the Powercolor Devil cards.

Soldato
Hate or jealousy? I'm not trying to provoke, honest question. I'm not a miner, and I'm irritated by the current pricing; but there is also part of me that tips my cap to the guys that saw a business opportunity that has risk, they invested and reaped reward. It it was me, I would also be selling off cards for as much as I could get. I will admit to being somewhat jealous, as I "missed this opportunity", either through lack of vision or motivation.

As pointed out above, the card manufacturers and/or sellers are the ones that decided to pump prices, and therefore deserve the hate, IMHO. Sure, they are also driven by business opportunity, however, retailers should also consider customer care (not a factor for miners), and selling stuff well above rrp is disrespectful profiteering, IMHO.

hmm neither really. I just think if someone has bought a card, then battered it for a few months then tries to shift it on afterwards, there should be a decent amount of discount given its..

a) an older card
b) second hand so difficulty in warranty.. and its 2nd hand
c) a new generation of cards is coming
d) might have been used quite intensely for mining

but i see people trying to sell their 1080tis at prices they brought them for which I feel is a bit cheeky.

Back
Top Bottom