• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU PRICES: SOME BIG DROPS AT OcUK!!!

Caporegime
Yup don't buy from retailers at current prices and they'll have to drop even further until they start to sell again :cool:

Like I said at the start of all this, retailers should have thought more about the impact that their gouging pricing decisions would have in the long run as chances are they are going to be making a loss from here on out.

Associate
without being a douche..i hope so.

they hiked the prices because they could..now miners aren't buying as much we are their main market again,well I have rrp money sat here for a 1080ti but not until the prices drop to what they were before,il buy direct from NVidia before pay extorted prices.

Soldato
Yup don't buy from retailers at current prices and they'll have to drop even further until they start to sell again :cool:

Like I said at the start of all this, retailers should have thought more about the impact that their gouging pricing decisions would have in the long run as chances are they are going to be making a loss from here on out.

I'm sure they made money selling cards to all those miners, but now (r)etailers are in competition with the glut of second hand cards the miners are dumping.

Caporegime
Oh no doubt they have made a **** ton from their gouging but now they are very likely going to make a loss for quite a few months, at least if they want to be able to move the cards with ease.... I also wouldn't be surprised if etailers get an awful lot of people/miners trying to return the cards to them for "faulty/RMA" reasons or whatever.

Also, how many gamers are going to be wanting to pay still rather high prices for what are considered as "old" gpus now i.e. the cards have been out for 1/2+ years and yet they are still costing £300+ when they should really at the very least be <£300 by now.... No way are people/gamers going to be wanting to pay the same/higher prices all this time after especially when nvidia's next gpus are right around the corner :cool:

And as said, people will be buying from ebay etc. instead as they are going to be much cheaper (I got no problem buying a miner's card, as long as there is still plenty of warranty left)

Associate
Let's all remember the price gouging, retailers have milked their customers, now its all in reverse. The law of supply and demand that has been banged on about while miners bought everything in sight, not anymore.

Sit on your money as prices will continue to drop as miners dump their cards and the Nvidia launch approachs.

Permabanned
Yeah they will keep dropping now miners are not hungry for them. Tons of Rx 570/80/Vega in stock. Obviously they ain't shifting them at current prices.

There's been loads of stock for quite a while now but pricing drops have barely started. When we can get a Vega 56 for £350 & a Vega 64 for £500 we can let out a sigh of relief. :)

Back
Top Bottom