• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU PRICES: SOME BIG DROPS AT OcUK!!!

Soldato
Let's all remember the price gouging, retailers have milked their customers, now its all in reverse. The law of supply and demand that has been banged on about while miners bought everything in sight, not anymore.

Sit on your money as prices will continue to drop as miners dump their cards and the Nvidia launch approachs.

I agree. It'd be nice if retailers actually respected gamers now and normalised prices rather quickly as a show of good faith. However, I doubt that'll be the case. I'm seeing 1080tis dropped in batches of 5 for around £650 from miners now, looking to get out of the crypto-game. These are cards some bought <4 months ago. If retailers decided to offer deals approximate to that, I'd have a lot more faith after the obvious milking of customers before.

Its nice to see OC advertising some price drops but honestly, I'm expecting more. Odds are we won't see reasonable pricing until the rainforest's stupid algorithm detects what cards should now be priced at.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I agree. It'd be nice if retailers actually respected gamers now and normalised prices rather quickly as a show of good faith. However, I doubt that'll be the case. I'm seeing 1080tis dropped in batches of 5 for around £650 from miners now, looking to get out of the crypto-game. These are cards some bought <4 months ago. If retailers decided to offer deals approximate to that, I'd have a lot more faith after the obvious milking of customers before.

Its nice to see OC advertising some price drops but honestly, I'm expecting more. Odds are we won't see reasonable pricing until the rainforest's stupid algorithm detects what cards should now be priced at.

£650 for 5 x 1080Ti ??? That's worth a roll of the dice don't you think? Or do you mean £650 per card?

OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK has in stock:
1080Ti from £679 Inc. VAT
1080 from £499 Inc. VAT
1070Ti from £449 inc. VAT
1070 from £399 Inc. VAT

Heading in right direction. :)

Associate
OcUK has in stock:
1080 from £499 Inc. VAT
1070 from £399 Inc. VAT

That's good news. I'd totally jump at those prices, but I'm going to at least wait until July for some news.

If there's nothing by then, I am going to jump on a 1080Ti.

Associate
OcUK has in stock:
1080 from £499 Inc. VAT
1070 from £399 Inc. VAT

I have my partial refund for my broken 1080 from another retailer, so about £400 to spend. Think I'll be waiting a bit longer for the right card at the right price with decent warranty. Don't want anything less than a 1080 and don't want to take any money out of my 'new monitor fund' !

Last edited:
Associate
OcUK has in stock:
1080 from £499 Inc. VAT
1070 from £399 Inc. VAT

Might be a long shot but any change for a VEGA 56 close to 400£? Really can't live without freesync anymore and I realy want to upgrade my 390 for VR :).

Associate
Still looking to upgrade to an RX 570 or 580 with legal tender waiting but just can't justify it atm.

I'm probably at the scroogier end of customers though, haha.

Soldato
Even with the prices dropping I'm seeing a lot just sat there on the bay which is great.

I think personal hatred to miners (or whoever these people are) isnt right. Ultimately its been a misbalanced supply and demand, and in this case I blame the suppliers for not ramping up production to match demand.

Consider this, I owned 3 gpus instead of 1 gpu for 8 months. But now days SLi is almost dead. In the past we had no GPU miners, but also SLI commonality replaced miners demand.

Soldato
still not a fan of miners.

miners trying to shift there 5-10 1080tis or whatever stuff for RRP of what they paid can honestly go do one.

Associate
I think personal hatred to miners (or whoever these people are) isnt right. Ultimately its been a misbalanced supply and demand, and in this case I blame the suppliers for not ramping up production to match demand.

Consider this, I owned 3 gpus instead of 1 gpu for 8 months. But now days SLi is almost dead. In the past we had no GPU miners, but also SLI commonality replaced miners demand.
No hate. Just glad to see demand not high

Stu

Stu

Soldato
still not a fan of miners.

miners trying to shift there 5-10 1080tis or whatever stuff for RRP of what they paid can honestly go do one.

Hate or jealousy? I'm not trying to provoke, honest question. I'm not a miner, and I'm irritated by the current pricing; but there is also part of me that tips my cap to the guys that saw a business opportunity that has risk, they invested and reaped reward. It it was me, I would also be selling off cards for as much as I could get. I will admit to being somewhat jealous, as I "missed this opportunity", either through lack of vision or motivation.

As pointed out above, the card manufacturers and/or sellers are the ones that decided to pump prices, and therefore deserve the hate, IMHO. Sure, they are also driven by business opportunity, however, retailers should also consider customer care (not a factor for miners), and selling stuff well above rrp is disrespectful profiteering, IMHO.

OcUK Staff
OP
Might be a long shot but any change for a VEGA 56 close to 400£? Really can't live without freesync anymore and I realy want to upgrade my 390 for VR :).

I am afraid not, at £529.99 we make under 5%, were literally just trying to force UK market prices lower and in return force board partners to also lower their prices, its not great for us as were making around 5% on graphics cards at the moment, but we made some nice margin in the past and we have the rest of our business to fall back on.

So right now our cost is above £500 landed on a VEGA 56, so to hit £400, well you do the sums, I don't mind loosing a couple of quid on some cards to do deals, but we can't swallow over £100 per card loss, we'd just send the stock back for credit before we do that.

We are pushing board partners very hard to reduce prices, the fact were now at MSRP or below on a lot of NVIDIA cards, just pushing board partners very hard now to push 1070 and 1070Ti lower as those are still a little inflated.

I can't see us seeing much under MSRP or prices of Black Friday, simply as the cost are now much higher due to the memory prices going up, I have even asked AMD to re-activate their $100 sell out APA's they gave us on VEGA cards as that would knock a good chunk of cash of those, but so far they have declined to do so.

Its quite hard, because were now so aggressive on price, we've also seen some miners ordering again, so the miners are also still watching and for some I guess they are still making profits or making a gamble.

Soldato
@Gibbo how obvious is it that the miners are still interested? Surely theyre fairly easy to spot compared to the rest of us that are just after one card every couple of years.

If it wasn't still profitable we'd be seeing the MM flooded rather than drip fed by the ones selling up early like it currently is

Associate
I don't envy what miners did to make money,good luck to them,what pees me off is how it screwed us gamers over..but after watching the kitguru video yesterday it does seem its not all to blame on the miners.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo how obvious is it that the miners are still interested? Surely theyre fairly easy to spot compared to the rest of us that are just after one card every couple of years.

If it wasn't still profitable we'd be seeing the MM flooded rather than drip fed by the ones selling up early like it currently is

Well these were very obvious calling in and wanting 100+ RX580, which we allowed as we've got plenty of RX 580 on hand now and our prices are the cheapest out there, hence why for us those are selling very well indeed.
1080Ti, 1070Ti, 1070 were still doing no mining deals on, strictly 1 per customer as stock is still very tight on those.

Caporegime

Yes, I too remember the days of 1,000-way SLI... still couldn't run Crysis tho.

Oh, wait...

It's silly that certain posters won't acknowledge the abnormal demand we've been experiencing. It truly is abnormal. SLI-users came nowhere close.

Don't take my word for it. AMD have previously acknowledged that mining demand is causing shortages. Their own words. Mining causes shortages. It really is that simple, unless you just don't want to hear it/believe it.

Back
Top Bottom