• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's not hard to see what's gouged and what exchange rate. Just look at the exchange rate, do the conversion and add the vat.

Pretty sure I saw on an another thread someone saying that the 480 will cost more in pounds than in dollars... We'll sorry but last time I checked a dollar wasn't worth more than a £. Perhaps milking the "crisis" a bit much...?

Associate
I am pretty sure OCUK would rather sell things cheaper that way more people will buy more and they can still make their own cut. Sadly that is not how the world works and with the stock markets up and down they will sadly put up their prices.

Soldato
I've always purchased from OcUK and I would prefer to continue that way, but I've found both Zotac GTX 1070 AMP Edition and MSI GTX 1070 Armor around £35 cheaper on a competitor, including free next day delivery. That's a fairly hefty increase for the same product.

Gibbo, anything you can do about this?

OcUK Staff
I've always purchased from OcUK and I would prefer to continue that way, but I've found both Zotac GTX 1070 AMP Edition and MSI GTX 1070 Armor around £35 cheaper on a competitor, including free next day delivery. That's a fairly hefty increase for the same product.

Does the competitor have stock on the 1070 Armour like we do? If they do have stock give sales a call and they will price match shipped for you, just show them my response here. :)

Associate

If it's the supplier I think, it equals out as some of their cards are more expensive. Look at the Gaming X cards for example. The competitor is over £50 more expensive.

Associate
Without having to wade through all the talk about the EU, can someone tell me if the prices have gone up or not? lol

Yep - The Gaming X 1080 just went from £655 to £670. Got my order in this morning thankfully. Ironically I had used it in the comparison just above your post as being cheaper.

Associate
Just don't buy at these prices. I mighty pick up a 1080 when sterling has stabilised and there is plenty of stock, but any retailer is going to maximise their profits when there are quite literally hundreds of buyers who can't wait to get there hands on these cards.

OcUK Staff
So i gather the prices will now drop back down to normal levels???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36660133

Nope!

FTSE 100 is not exchange rates, pre-brexit rate was 1.49, rate at present is 1.34 and most of OcUK's stock had orders raised at 1.42-1.45

When the rate is back to 1.45 then prices will be back, but so far it is still yet to stabilise above 1.35.

OcUK Staff
I doubt it. And even if they did go down again I won't be buying a 1080 from here just out of principal, hence my heavily censored post above.:eek:

Prices have gone up everywhere. At least we still have 1080's from £569, one competitors lowest price is now £640

Were still competitive, don't blame OcUK for prices, blame those who voted out.

OcUK Staff
How are the 480 sales going Gibbo?

Close to 700 sold at 18:00 today, should be over 1k by tomorrow. :)

10 series sales showing no sign of slow down either but that is no doubt because prices have shot up everywhere and OcUK is still competitive, so sales are still extremely strong.

Associate
Prices have gone up everywhere. At least we still have 1080's from £569, one competitors lowest price is now £640

Were still competitive, don't blame OcUK for prices, blame those who voted out.

The prices of the EVGA 1080 FTW from those competitors I named in my post that you deleted haven't gone up. The card is 60 quid more expensive. They've been £599.99 ever since launch.

OcUK Staff
The prices of the EVGA 1080 FTW from those competitors I named in my post that you deleted haven't gone up. The card is 60 quid more expensive. They've been £599.99 ever since launch.

Gigabyte 1080 G1, they have two in stock, £717, OcUK is £649.

So explain that one?

Their price on EVGA is so low because no doubt EVGA have not shipped or sold any stock to them, as such they have failed to update their price which means EVGA either wont ship to them or they won't honour orders.

In short they have messed up, order one because if they honour it great for you as they would actually lose money to sell at £599

So either a mistake or it is because they do not have orders raised and no ETAs meaning they are unlikely to get stock any time soon and then its a case of if they will honour pricing. OcUK gets stock and a lot more of it, quite evident by our in stock range compared to their complete lack of stock. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom